Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: '99 Kawasaki ZX-7R - $2500 OBO

I've got a '99 ZX-7R that I would like to sell. I got this bike as part of a trade deal for a car. I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast so I don't know too terribly much about the bike except for what I can see and what I have been told about the bike.

The bike has ~5k on a new "high performance" motor, bike previously had a stretch kit and was used as a drag bike I believe. Black D&D exhaust. Smoked/tinted LED turn signal lights front and back. ~22k miles on the chassis.

Mechanically the bike is great, no problems to report. I rode it about 20 miles when I got it just to check it out for myself and see what all the fuss about sport bikes was and I was thoroughly impressed. It runs and rides beautifully. Whatever has been done to the motor works really well, this is the scariest bike I've ever been on, haha. Doesn't take much to get the back wheel to break traction when you get on the throttle (prev. owner said it keeps up with 1000cc bikes). Bike fires up pretty easy, needs a new set of plugs, one cylinder has a slight misfire, and blows a very small amount of smoke.

Aesthetically, the bike needs a few things. The previous owners brother took the bike out and layed it down on it's right side damaging the right side fairing, front fairing, and scratching up the silver ring a bit on the exhaust. I have found this exact fairing kit online (same paint/decal scheme) and emailed the manufacturer, they said they would seperate the kit and ship just the two pieces needed for $275 shipped (I will provide this information to any prospective buyers).

I am asking $2500 OBO for the bike. All offers welcomed and will be considered. Please no trade offers, cash only (saving up for an engagement ring for the love of my life :)).

The bike is located in Stafford, VA and can be taken for a test ride almost any time, please PM me for my phone number!

On to some pictures and a short video. Thank you all!

***PIX DON'T SHOW A WINDSHIELD, I INSTALLED A BRAND NEW ONE THIS MORNING***

Here's a video of her running and revving (I feel like the exhaust sounds much crazier in person than the video portrays).

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Nice lookin bike. GL with the sale.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Sounds like it needs carb work..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I believe it needs the carbs synced and fine tuned, and definitely needs a fresh set of plugs. Hope to get this thing sold. My wife is absolutely freaking out that its been taking up our garage space for as long as it has.

All serious offers entertained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts