Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I felt a bit of vibration through the steering today and went have a look at the front tyre and I know it needs changing soon. What I found was a tad shocking

As the pictures show there was numerous large bulges around all of the tyre.

They were just off centre and on both side of the tyre. If you pressed these bulges you could feel and hear the tyre sticking to the underneath layer and as you can see one of these bulges seems to have burst at some point.

The only thing I have done is to put ultra seal in both tyres but I have using this product for years and never had an issue. The rear tyre is fine

I spoke to my local shop today and they are going to send the tyrs to continental (its a contiforce tyre) as this is a major defect and a new tyre is on order...

In 25 years of biking ive never had this. Could have been a major issue if this had gone pop when riding

Sp

·
11,782 Posts
The layers are separating. I've seen it in auto tires before and a few bike tires but, just like it sounds, the outer layer of rubber is pulling away from the belts. Do not ride on that thing anymore...get it changed out ASAP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After lots of emails and phone calls to the states. It transpires the problem was more than likely a product I used in the tyres called puncturesafe. Testing waiting to be completed but all things are pointing that way.

I won't go into all the gorey details but its not like ultraseal you guys have in the states (which is fine). This one can cause the problem I have. Won't go into details as plans are afoot re the selling of this product here in the Uk and I have to get involved in a professional capacity but in my opinion. DO NOT USE IT

Someone's in for a nasty surprise

Sp

·
Registered
1 Posts
Michelin pilot road 3

Has anybody had problems with vibration through bars after installation and pegs with these tires. Please advise. Thanks :scared

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Has anybody had problems with vibration through bars after installation and pegs with these tires. Please advise. Thanks :scared
Uhh, thats called "tire is not balanced".

It is not a problem specific to that tire, especially since those are kickass tires.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
check your shocks, too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not run air like a normal bike tire?
It is air, just put a certain amount of the sealant in the tyre ( amount depends on tyre size) via the tyre valve and then pump the tyre up to normal pressure. Idea is to stop punctures as they happen and just keep going. I do a lot of touring in Europe and can do without the hassle of punctures. Reverting to Ultraseal as never has a problem with that

SP

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Our bike tyres are built for high temp running and need it for best performance.... and yet that product claims to lower the tyre temp and extend the life of a tyre.... if the temp is reduced, then the tyre isnt running at best performance.
ie the flex in sidewalls while turning and contact patch size.
not sure I would use the stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts