Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2011 zx6r 4k miles
well when i pin through 1st 2nd, or when i lay in turns at higher speeds i start to get the wobbles on the front tire ive adjusted the ohlins but nothing has changed .. only thing i can think is need to balance the front tire ?
whats you guys thoughts thanks!

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
The front tire is probably just lifting off the ground which is normal when WOT in 1st and 2nd... When the tire doesn't have traction or weight on it of course its going to loosen up :dunno

The damper will only reduce some of the shake if the tire isn't even on the ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ i understand that and its always done that but the thing is it has become almost unsafe when laying in the corners it seems its not balanced or summ.. idk
like i said its always done what ur describing but never this bad where i have to let off its borderlining tank slapping
thanks for the input
!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
You could try to get the Ohlins revalved from dankyleracing for a hundred bucks. The factory Kawi Ohlins are dumbed down so new riders won't crash when they can't turn the bike.

it's a suspension tuning issue really. A new shock like a Penske will really help the street riding on bumpy corners. The forks need to be set up also to match. At least get your OEM suspension set up for you by an expert. Shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks if you don't have to re spring the shock or forks.

I had the same issue on a couple corners I ride regularly. If you can get comfortable at carrying the front wheel about an inch off the ground while leaned over and accelerating, you won't have a problem. i've done this a couple times when following a fast rider. It scares me though. I just don't have enough experience. Ain't no trophies on the street for most of us. :smile

·
Registered
888 Posts
i experience that too on my bike, you really must be hammering that superfast on the corrner to experience it.
how fast exactly are you going?

I noticed on willow springs racetrack in california, on turn 3 basically a hard 90 degree, i get up to speed breaking hard down from 100 to about 75 which sometimes gives me wobble, but thats my bad since i always want the shortest slowing distance, but taking that corner at 75+mph gives me wobbles. 60-70 seems smooth

and around turn 8 or turn 9 i think, which is a super fast corner, i get front wobbles when im forcing it around 115-120, but smooth on 90-95

when turning fast and getting into the corner of your tire, you will start to lose some traction and it can skip a little causing the wobble, but your problem could also involve some imperfection on the tire or improper balance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i experience that too on my bike, you really must be hammering that superfast on the corrner to experience it.
how fast exactly are you going?

I noticed on willow springs racetrack in california, on turn 3 basically a hard 90 degree, i get up to speed breaking hard down from 100 to about 75 which sometimes gives me wobble, but thats my bad since i always want the shortest slowing distance, but taking that corner at 75+mph gives me wobbles. 60-70 seems smooth

and around turn 8 or turn 9 i think, which is a super fast corner, i get front wobbles when im forcing it around 115-120, but smooth on 90-95

when turning fast and getting into the corner of your tire, you will start to lose some traction and it can skip a little causing the wobble, but your problem could also involve some imperfection on the tire or improper balance.
thanks thats super helpful, when i come in corners it all depends on the corner sometimes up to 155-120 mph... just depends i notice it around 85 but let me remind you this is all on houston highways but never seemed to have this problem before i have had sever riders i ride with explain to me that somethings different than before because they have ridin my bike before the problem and asked me what the deal was , and thats when i noticed it... i will start with balancing the tire then i will move from there. back to the part about houston highways we all do the same route and they never have a problem with the wobble or skipping. thanks for all the input everyone !! i will keep you all updated!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I bet a lot of it is your grip on the bars. Loosen up, use your legs and your core.

And if you're in houston, you have like 5 tracks within a few hours of you. I'd suggest going to some track days to see what you can really do :)
-Cody

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could try to get the Ohlins revalved from dankyleracing for a hundred bucks. The factory Kawi Ohlins are dumbed down so new riders won't crash when they can't turn the bike.

it's a suspension tuning issue really. A new shock like a Penske will really help the street riding on bumpy corners. The forks need to be set up also to match. At least get your OEM suspension set up for you by an expert. Shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks if you don't have to re spring the shock or forks.

I had the same issue on a couple corners I ride regularly. If you can get comfortable at carrying the front wheel about an inch off the ground while leaned over and accelerating, you won't have a problem. i've done this a couple times when following a fast rider. It scares me though. I just don't have enough experience. Ain't no trophies on the street for most of us. :smile
Thanks man that sounds good! i will deff do that while i get it balanced! man i feel you im not ready for an inch off the ground in a corner haha but i also ride with fast riders and more experienced so i push myself but i know my limits and do what i can at my own pace! but try to keep up otherwise i RAGE!:banghead haha thanks buddy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet a lot of it is your grip on the bars. Loosen up, use your legs and your core.

And if you're in houston, you have like 5 tracks within a few hours of you. I'd suggest going to some track days to see what you can really do :)
-Cody
i know bro i wanna hit a track day soon wanna get like that dude on youtube touchin his head on the ground hahaha shits crazy!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
ridesmart.info

TWS in College Station May 12/13 and MSRH just south of you in Angleton on May 19th.

Let me know and I'll hook you up with 50% off for your first time and free leather / boot rental if you need them. Just give me a couple weeks notice.

So that's $60-75 for your first track day with leathers and boots taken care of. Can't beat that!
-Cody

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ridesmart.info

TWS in College Station May 12/13 and MSRH just south of you in Angleton on May 19th.

Let me know and I'll hook you up with 50% off for your first time and free leather / boot rental if you need them. Just give me a couple weeks notice.

So that's $60-75 for your first track day with leathers and boots taken care of. Can't beat that!
-Cody
awesome bro thank you ill pm you !

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I'm thinking this, because in 1st when my front wheel decides to come off the ground the bars shake like bastards - but only when I am death gripping the thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking this, because in 1st when my front wheel decides to come off the ground the bars shake like bastards - but only when I am death gripping the thing.
i see what your saying but it use to not do this when i would pinn it , and have had very experienced riders ride before n ask wtf happened whys it wobble ? so thats the only reason that changes

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Doesn't mean the way you ride hasn't changed. Not saying it isn't something else, but it doesn't hurt to look at it.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yea...or it might be something as simple as a weight came off the tire and is throwing it off. The geometry of the 09s make for pretty good wheelie machines stock, top it off with a shit ton on power and the front end gets light quick. Moreso than any other 600 I've rode.
-Cody

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Try putting a 52 tooth sprocket on it, then it becomes a skill keeping it down.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Tyre pressures wrong, missing wheel weight,deformed tyre wall, gripping the bars to tight, upper body not relaxed, road surfaces.

All the above could cause the issues your having. Try inspecting your front wheel and tyre incase there is something not rightand it costs nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts