Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a set of front and rear stands on ebay soon, and I can't decide if the front stand should just be the regular under the fork kind, or the kind where you insert a pin under the triple tree?

I won't be performing major repairs, or removing my forks or anything like that, just want stands for cleaning and doing basic maintenance occasionally. So I don't think I really need the style that lifts from under the triple tree, but it seems that kind would be sturdier (just my impression, no personal experience with any stands)

Thoughts? Is it worth the extra $30 for the triple tree style?

Fork style.
Triple tree style.

· Registered
1,466 Posts
the fork stands are soooo much easier. Unless you're servicing the forks, I'd go with the fork stands.
-Cody

· Registered
1,762 Posts
for your purposes i would probably go with the fork stands. yeah the triple tree stand is more sturdy but if your front end is lowered like mine is you have to take the front fender off otherwise you run into a clearance issue. as far as removing the front axle... never had a problem using the triple tree stand

· Registered
210 Posts
i use a Pit Bull triple tree stand and there is no problem when the time comes when you want to take off the front wheel just buy the right pins for your bike.

FRONT STAND & CONVERTER FITTING CHART

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.