Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST GOT MY SPROKET, SHOULD BE PUTTING IT ON THIS WEEKEND, WENT DOWN ONE IN THE FRONT. WHEELIE TIME :crazyloco

·
Registered
381 Posts
Let me know how you make out with that and how much of a difference it made

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sprockets make a difference big time dropping a tooth in the font willgive you more torque. Which in turn means faster acceleration off the line and the ability to lift the front wheel so much more easily. However there is a down fall to dropping down a tooth size your top end will fall off by about 5-7%.

Sprockets are cake to change. Providing you have all the equipment to do so. They can be changed out in about 20 minutes after you get the rear tire off the ground.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i have time i might be doing it ton, not sure yet. and of course most deff i will let u guys no the out come. and all is true above. i will be loosing top end but picking up gobs of low end and the front wheel is goin to want to come up. but i figured we have 636's i had mine at 160 already no prob with plenty to go. looseing 7 or even 10 percent of top speed don't bother me considering your going to get there alot quicker and we all no the 636 goes more then 160 :mfclap

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just installed my vortex -1 front sproket and wow, you can def feel a difference. takin off in 1st gear the front end wants to come up and even in 2nd the front wants to come up.

its going to be definately easier to do stand up bounce wheelies..

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey i went one down in the front the install is easy as hell and the torque is a definate gain so for $15 not a bad deal at all

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you post your review, pls let me know what you weigh (Kgs or Lbs). This makes a big difference to the wheelie-ability / acceleration.

I weigh approx 92 kgs and I can't get the front to lift at all in 2nd (stock).

I'm not actually interested in pulling wheelies, I just want more acceleration. If the front pops up too easily, it makes the bike harder to control while you're overtaking.

Weight conversion chart to be found here:

http://www.medevalvolunteers.com/asp/applyonline/bmi_conv.asp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts