Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking at doing a front fender swap as a little project before spring hits full force.

im thinking either an 06 or an 08 zx10r fender. but i was wondering about the fork spacing and how close it was to the 7R.
i heard once that the 04/05 10r forks were just a little narrower than the 7r
i of course would have to make up some brackets, but thats not a big deal at all.

here's a 7 with a smaller front fender, i like the look

here's another one with a front end swap although it's a 92, i still think it slims the front end up nicely.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On my 93 I swapped on a 96+ front fender and it really woke the look of the front end up. Then I did the 10R swap and the fender looks sharp, but it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference over the P model.

I think the biggest difference is the fact that newer fenders are comprised of 3 pieces so you have he different textures playing a part in the overall look.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checking in!

this weekend, me and my friend put all new plastics on his 2003 cbr600rr and he had an old fender that i decided to try out. took a little bracket fabricating, and some bondo and fiberglass to get the stock fork mounts to work. but in the end i really think i like what i ended up with.
it slimmed the front end down a little,

custom fiberglass mounting points and bondo filling in the old holes.

it also snugs up next to the wheel closer than the stock one, which i really like.

anyways, it needs to be sanded more and repainted, (and decal'd) but for what it is right now i'm pretty happy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts