Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who would like to use a smaller and cleaner front fender, there's a model that is very easy to install. It is the front fender off 1998~2001 ZX9-R (C1, C2, E1, E2) and 1998~2002 ZX6R (G1, G2, J1, J2, J3). Those all uses the same font fender with side skirts. All what is needed to install it on a ZX-11 is to drill four mounting holes (two on each skirt) aligned on the 11's fork legs. I did the same on mine (picture below) a few years ago and I really like it. I got mine off E-Bay for about $20 and had it painted gloss black (was green...). Just wanted to share the tip.

(NOTE: The screw visible at the bottom of the skirt is a mounting point present on ZX-6R and ZX-9R. Instead of fabricating a mounting bracket, I only put a screw there (and nut inside) to block the hole. Never got any problem.)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sure does make cleaning the front wheel easier. Might help eliminate some of the road noise that reverberates through the stocker.Thanks for the info Claude, the search begins... BTW I will be at the Horizon Hotel on Maple in Sutton Friday at about 5:00 There is a mandatory riders meeting at 7:00 after check in if you happen to be in the area. Fitted the ZZR1200 exhaust today with stock mufflers, it is the way to go...
Jay

·
Registered
683 Posts
That solves a problem I ran into. I want to strap my ZX11's front end down for better launches at the drag strip. The stock fender does not have the narrow rear section like the fender on your bike. It interferes with the strap. I was going to buy a ZX11 fender and mod it, but this looks like the way to go. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The rear turn signal lense is actually a socket, consisting of lense, bulb, inside housing, which plugs into its own wire set, for each rear turn signal; that is according to a parts dude at a dealership. The front have the lenses seperate. It's a left rear that I'd like to get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey bigninja dude I got one off ebay last week for 21 dollars including shiping, Mine fell off while I was comin home from work one nite, dont know how the hell guess that one screw that holds it must have backed off, seems like I would have noticed that tho ..lol owell

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes, let the search begin. Tired of almost crushing my fender on the front of my truck bed when I haul.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got mine in the mail today that I had won on Ebay, it needs some JB Welding, but it will work out. I will send pics once its done

·
Registered
143 Posts
Reviving an old thread as I recently put a 1989/90 ZX-7 front fender on my 92 ZX-11C. It bolted right on with no modifications, just as the information in this post detailed, but the pictures were not showing anymore: http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-11-forum/9163-fyi-1990-zx7-front-fender-fits-zx11c.html
It is an aftermarket fiberglass version, not OEM, as I have been looking for an OEM unit for years, with no success. Here are a couple of pictures.

With the GSXR1000 calipers, I found the routing of the front brake lines put too much of a bend radius and strain at the fitting. The ZX-7 fender eliminated this along with better access to the bleeder valve. I painted it myself, so it's not show quality.

The 98 & up ZX-9R and ZX-6R fenders like the one at the start of this thread a far more available than the 89/90 ZX-7 ones, making those a more viable option unless you have patience and search globally (I got mine from England).

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts