Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have zx10r o6 , it has developed a noise front the front wheel ,my friend has same problem. both bikes have 4 k on clocks . dealer says there isnt a ploblem, has any else got a problem?

·
Registered
43 Posts
does it sound like a rattling metal noise. because i hear a noise on the front end of my zx6r. it could be the key for my garage rattling against the bike- but it sounds like it comes from way down in front.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I get the same rattle on mine. Driving and holding different places in the cluster it appears as though the cables that run through the guide may just be the culprit.

We're going to try zip tying the 2 cables together in a couple spots and see if that does away with the annoying little vibration noise.

I'll let you know if it goes away, likewise I'd like to know if anyone else comes up with cause/solution.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Get dealer a hearing aid, most seem partially deaf to any odd noises :grin

If it's a buzzing noise check for electrical cables touching against bodywork, tend to do it on overrun when you blip the throttle. Wrap with thin foam & tape or blue tack cable to body work. Headlight & indicator cables are culprits.

Also make sure all bodywork fixings are secure.

For rattling check the brake pads have copper grease behind them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its more of a squeak,cant realy tell if its front end ,only hear it upto 4omph ,when i follow me mate it sounds loud on his bike , its gona be a dealer job again, il get em to replace front bearings.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The copper grease should stop the pads squeaking, worth a try.

Unless the dealer is really good they probably won't even think of doing something like that during the PDI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts