Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 ZX6R and i got it about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that the bike pulled to the left so i made sure the rear wheel was alligned, and i had to over compensate on the left front fork adjusters to get it to ride strait. I just recently noticed it feels like my wheel, well handle bars are always cocked to the right slightly when riding, but it rides strait. I also noticed theres some play in my front end somewhere(forks, steering stem.....), i notice it when im hitting the breaks and the front end drops, you hear like a click, or slipping noise..or something. I just installed a GPR steering stabilizer..so idk if thats it, it cant be the nut because i tightened it down to factory 58lbs of torque specs... any ideas?:tard

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thoughts:-
1/ Re-check rear wheel alignment by putting a dowel through the swing arm pivot and measuring both sides to axle centre to see if they are the same as the adjuster marks may not be accurate.

2/Support the bike vertically and run 2 pieces of straight timber/box section steel parallel along the sides of the rear wheel up to the front wheel and see if the gap is the same on both sides. See 6/ below.

3/Drop off the bottom fairing and support the bike under the crankcase to get the front wheel off the ground. Grab both forks at the bottom and push back and forward to see if you can feel any clunking. Get a friend to help so you don't end up with the bike on the floor.

4/ Check if caliper mounts are tight.

5/Check if fork protrusion is the same.

6/Loosen triple clamp and front guard bolts grab the front wheel between your knees and push on the bars until front wheel/bar position seems square. Retighten. See 2/ above.

gammac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts