Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm looking at a set of Russell braided stainless front brake lines. It is a two line kit that replaces the splitter block and runs both lines directly to the master cyl.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking to improve the feel of the front brakes over stock (also installing a set of EBC FA158HH pads).

I already have a braided stainless line going from the master cyl. to the splitter. Is there a source for just the lower sections?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I can put you contact with someone who buy direct from, he would know. You would just need to supply the length and the type angle on the fitting and color. He could explain it better.

·
Registered
110 Posts
PM sent

Here's what his lines look like installed. Paired with my brakes it's a significant improvement over stock even added one on the back.
Mind sending me that info as well please? I just picked up a new to me 96 ZX1100D in excellent shape to take advantage of collector plates in 2021. Sold my ZX14. I just have risers on bike so factory length should be fine i would just like to improve the stock tokico 4 pots.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't remember the brand name of my steel braided front lines (the rear is Russell) but they are like you describe, and they provide a more solid feel to the brake lever. This, combined with tokiko six pots calipers. increased the braking power of my zx11 to a whole new level.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't remember the brand name of my steel braided front lines (the rear is Russell) but they are like you describe, and they provide a more solid feel to the brake lever. This, combined with tokiko six pots calipers. increased the braking power of my zx11 to a whole new level.
What year 6 pots does one need to look for? First and foremost will be to clean and lubricate stock calip[ers as bike has only 35Km and then move to SS lines first w new pads

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mind sending me that info as well please? I just picked up a new to me 96 ZX1100D in excellent shape to take advantage of collector plates in 2021. Sold my ZX14. I just have risers on bike so factory length should be fine i would just like to improve the stock tokico 4 pots.
Was referring to apexbrakes.com.You might also want to reach out to the guy that started this thread. Recommended them to him and never heard back. But that's just probably how they do it over there just there way of saying mahalo.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What year 6 pots does one need to look for? First and foremost will be to clean and lubricate stock calip[ers as bike has only 35Km and then move to SS lines first w new pads
You have to look at GSXR k1/k2 tokico calipers. They need only a separator of about 1.5mm and have bolts of 8mm, instead of 10mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts