Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 zx10 with about 5k miles.

I have checked he pads and rotors etc, all of these are fine, i have bled the lines multiple times from both bleed valves. but still as i ride i can full ypull in the front brake lever to the point it hits the grip. at this point the brakes are working. but i hate that i have to fully pull in the lever.

any suggestions thoughts?

· Registered
8 Posts
Yeah that is no fun. I'd fix before riding or you may end up loosing it all at once. I assume it came out of nowhere? If a full bleed, as in, 100% fluid replacement with a proper vac on the exit did not fix it, that mostly rules out air in the lines. So, I agree with earlier post. Prob a master, or a piston seal, or a ruptured brake line that has not actually sprung a leak. Kinda like a "bulge" in the line somewhere that flexes/swells under pressure (when you pull the lever) but does not actually break. Given your bike is 6 years old, it's possible depending on many factors. Especially if they are rubber lines. Should not be to hard to rule out, and relatively inexpensive. Either way, you may end up with a fix that is also a mod!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.