1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I'm 5'10", and 130 and wear a 38 so at 100 pounds heavier a 46 would suffice

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I think you should get a tape measure and measure his chest, and then research sizing for any brand you are interested in. Like Joe Rocket, I measure out at a 44, but a 46 fits me better on account of my 1 pack abs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm 5'9" 170lbs, I measured out to fit in a Joe Rocket suit size 42, I ordered 44, you guys are making me think its going to be too big.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for canyon carving it should be good you only want it tight if your racing on the track a little lose is good gives you room to move

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I'm 5'9" 170lbs, I measured out to fit in a Joe Rocket suit size 42, I ordered 44, you guys are making me think its going to be too big.
I just said to get one size bigger. Especially if you are in less than prime physical shape.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
What I said had nothing to do with what a scale says.

But I like how people instantly jump to that.

These suits/jackets are made for someone with a fairly low body fat percentage. I have a lot of upper body strength. My arms are not small, nor are my shoulders or neck.

I have a 44" chest. I also have a size 44 joe rocket jacket, and if it wasn't for being overweight it would fit perfectly. The only place on the jacket that doesn't fit absolutely perfectly is my stomach.

Thus, if you are like me and in less than perfect shape (and this is not debatable and does not "depend on your definition" because this has nothing to do with "weight") then you should order a size larger. This will allow you some stomach room, though the rest may fit less than ideally.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what i said had nothing to do with what a scale says.

But i like how people instantly jump to that.

These suits/jackets are made for someone with a fairly low body fat percentage. I have a lot of upper body strength. My arms are not small, nor are my shoulders or neck.

I have a 44" chest. I also have a size 44 joe rocket jacket, and if it wasn't for being overweight it would fit perfectly. The only place on the jacket that doesn't fit absolutely perfectly is my stomach.

Thus, if you are like me and in less than perfect shape (and this is not debatable and does not "depend on your definition" because this has nothing to do with "weight") then you should order a size larger. This will allow you some stomach room, though the rest may fit less than ideally.
+1

·
Registered
480 Posts
My jacket is a 42", went with 44" suit, but I'm thinking I should have went 42", I guess once I get it and try it on will determine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts