Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if when u switch out ur frame your vin number changes or do they put YOUR vin number on the new frame??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i m buying the frame through the dealer and he says i have to bring in the old bike and show proof of ownership and then i m gonna go to my friend and we are putting it in together cuz he used to own a shop

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hmmmm, not really sure how that would work to be honest. The last frame swap we had happen involved a blank frame where the customer had rebuilt it himself. In order to register his unit he needed to get a VIN stamped on it, and in order to do that he had to bring in the old frame with proof of ownership on it. Then we stamped his frame with the old number and destroyed the old frame. His bike stayed registered under the same name and number and it was all good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
my bike had a replacement frame,the person i bought it from changed the frame himself,the new frame had no numbers on until he put the little plate by the headstock that is riveted on, back on to the new frame,as far as i know nothing has changed,he had it for 5 years with no problems,but i think i will put the new frame number on it,so it has identification if it were to get stolen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts