Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy , ive got an 02 model . The frame has runs on it , i aint looked hard but i dont know if theyre in the paint or what +they dont stand out a lot , i remember having the same on two ZZRs .Any knowledge please.

Cheers , Wag

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , its not common then . i'll see if i can get it to come out on a pic .Theres vertical run lines on the frame like too much laquer .

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Never seen that before... Maybe the PO spilled a buttload of gas on it or something?

Josh

·
Registered
923 Posts
Its either gas that spilled and was not whiped off, or its degreaser that was left on too long before being rinsed off.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
yulp looks like something ran down on it and never cleaned off or acid rain and then the sun came out and baked on there. i would try a wax first and then if that doesn't do the trick try a small buffer and light compound and then keep trying more agressive from there. the problem with these frames is they don't have a clear coat protectant and you could end up needed to repaint or polish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I HAD THE SAME THING! No idea what it was (I think gas stain??) but my friend gave me some shit that I swear was windex and it came off... I'll find out what it was and post back.

BTW I tried polishing it out but no luck. I even tried steel wool (in a spot that was covered by a fairing) and that didn't do a thing.

Try windex! lol!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies , i'll go and google Windex now .Like i typed before , both ZZR11s had some too .

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks for the replies , i'll go and google Windex now .Like i typed before , both ZZR11s had some too .
OK, Got it. It's not windex, it just looks like it. I got my friend to send me a pic of the label. He owns a limo company and uses this shit to clean everything. He had it mixed with water in a spray bottle. Just sprayed it on and used a plastic bristle scrub brush.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts