Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Fairly sure it would require drilling a hole through your frame....... see someone who does frame repairs

·
Registered
3 Posts
what brand did you get and what kind are they (cut, no cut, custom) do you have any pictures??

·
Registered
236 Posts
E-bay it, I found mine there and worked good.
no one makes them for a 94-97 you have to cutom make them. trust me i had a 94 and a 97 ,and dont buy the one that bolt onto the fairing i have seen the break off and break the a hole into the head...:smile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frame slider's / crash mushroom's

Hi while on the subject of frame protection. I wonder if anyone can can enlighten me as to wether or not the two 10mm bolt holes just above the front mud guard one on each side of my ZX9R 2001 ( C ) are for crash bungs or are they for something entirely different????Also there is a bolt hole left hand side of frame just back from bars...

take care ride safe kind regards Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
I found a website that sells frame slides for the 94 to 97 ZX 9R. They look as though you don't need to cut into the failing but not 100% sure. Try whaccessories.com.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i bouught some for the same year zx7 and modified tofit mine. i made some risers and put it in the second bolt hole in the subframe.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
no one makes them for a 94-97 you have to cutom make them. trust me i had a 94 and a 97 ,and dont buy the one that bolt onto the fairing i have seen the break off and break the a hole into the head...:smile
Nothing could be further from the truth.
I got a set of GSG frame sliders from Germany for my 96 zx9r.
Very sturdy shit.
Bolts right to the engine mounts, no cut or drill required.
Far superior to the e-bay shit and much cleaner than retrofitting another set on.
I suggest getting the GSG's.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you have no cut sliders and you do down they are pointless. Mine bent right back and rashed my frame and plastics all up.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
http://www.whaccessories.com/Kawasaki-Sliders-ZX-9R-94-97.htm

You have to call to order them.
The lady I talked to was very nice and even gave me a break on shipping.
Very good place to buy from, but don't expect them to be here in a few days. Well worth it though.....2 piece slider - 1 piece delrin plastic and the other is CNC aluminum. The aluminum is very sturdy and thick, using a radius on the frame side, it matches the radius in the frame giving a much better fit.
Installing is quick and easy, but you have to remove the gas tank and air box to get to the inside nut of the engine mount bolt.
Very clean installation though and they are very attractive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts