Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the Shogun frame sliders on their bike? I didn't see much available for the 07 yet, and I'm pretty stuck on having sliders in place for added insurance... So I ordered a set from Kneedraggers today... I'll report on how they look, install, etc. in the coming week..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Says no cut required.. So stay tuned on my report...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the sliders installed today.. Pretty straight forward. I did have to remove the right fairing to get the bolt out. Warning: these frame bolts are torqued very tight. I ended up stripping the head of one while installing, and had to use ez-out to remove the stock bolt. Fortunately the Shogun's have their own bolts, so no harm done - but let me tell you - those things are on tight!

Sliders look nice installed. Let's hope I never have to use them!

pix coming soon...

Good luck on that mbonadio :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, how does it stick out if no cutting needed? does it have some kinda adapter?
Congrats! :D waiting for pics..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is an offset bracket that attaches to the frame, and then to the slider...

I'll take some close ups first chance I get...

·
Registered
56 Posts
on Kneedraggers they have a kit for 117 dollars and just the frame sliders for 74. Do you know the difference or which one you purchased? Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the kit includes some other items like bar ends and spools. I just got the sliders for hte lower price and you get everything you need.

on Kneedraggers they have a kit for 117 dollars and just the frame sliders for 74. Do you know the difference or which one you purchased? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the whole kit for my 06, but wound up not using the bar ends. They were much lighter than the stock ones and caused the bars to vibrate too much. I'd just get the sliders and the swingarm spools.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try using a heat gun (hair dryer might work) to warm the bolt and then try to remove it... Be careful - those bolts are super tight!!!!!!!

i'm having trouble getting the bolt off of the frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One other way to loosen tight bolts it to go to your auto parts store and get an impact driver. You place your socket that has your hex, torx, or stander socket. Then use a hammer and hit the impact driver a few times. It will loosen easily and without damaging your bolt.

By the way, I am a master mechanic on both cars and bikes, but there are so many other ways to do anything. Just remember, you use your tolls, not the other way around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts