1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT DO YOU HAVE AND WHY?
delrin or aluminum ?
who make the best slider ?
what do they protect your plastics or your engine casings ?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think it all depends if you want performance or looks... I mean, frame sliders is like a 'must' for me, but i guess it depends from person to person on what they wanna go with... I would rather get aluminum as the base material, just because it would be more effective in crash after crash situatoins, more material left if you eat sh*t hard... Derlin i would use if you dont plan on doing 100mph wheelies and crashing, if you ride safe enough i would get frame sliders just for looks... On my first 6R I had a pair of Derlin Carbon Fiber lookn' frame sliders and i went down once from a patch of sand going about 15mph through a turn, it took off about half of the frame slider, but if i where more careful i would've been fine, after that i have to get new frame sliders because they would'nt of help me if i would've went down again...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aluminum vs Delrin.

Aluminum is for bling and not protection. It will not absorb the impact as well as Delrin does. But it will transfer the impact back to the mounting point, generally the engine block. An area that would not get hit in the crash in the first place. The wearing down of the delrin vs the alum, true the delrin will scrub off easier than the alum. Also by design. It helps to scrub off speed and not skipp across the road.

Protection - Frame sliders are designed to protect "The FRAME" and engine, anything else is pure bonus. In general you get more items protected by the slider. Alot depends on the severity of the crash though. Most cases its a slider and thats where frame "SLIDERS" shine. But in the event of a high side or a collision, they are not as effective.

As far as who do I have on my ZX10, mine. I make sliders for ZX10 and ZRX. Champ Industries.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i went with lsl. their a little pricey but i like the mushroom shape. and their kind of a bitch to install also. got to remove motor mounts bolts but it was worth it to me. i like the location no cutting easy to replace if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts