Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I stripped the inside the first time around and now the outside is stripped. I went to sears and purchased a bolt out kit and after hours of trying to get it off it stripped(that bolt just won't budge).:banghead I used the #9 bolt-out, is that correct? I tried #8, but it's too small. What are my other options? thanks guys

·
Registered
234 Posts
Okay, I stripped the inside the first time around and now the outside is stripped. I went to sears and purchased a bolt out kit and after hours of trying to get it off it stripped(that bolt just won't budge).:banghead I used the #9 bolt-out, is that correct? I tried #8, but it's too small. What are my other options? thanks guys
You want to use the smallest bolt-out that will fit. Get a mallet and hammer that thing on there. I have a hard time believing it could strip because the bolt-out is harder than the bolt - it should cut right into the bolt. You also want to make sure that the bolt-outs you got are the kind that attach to a ratchet or breaker bar, not the kind you have to grab with a wrench. That way, you can push on the thing with the ratchet/breaker bar to give you more leverage. Do it with someone there to stand on the other side of the bike just in case.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You want to use the smallest bolt-out that will fit. Get a mallet and hammer that thing on there. I have a hard time believing it could strip because the bolt-out is harder than the bolt - it should cut right into the bolt. You also want to make sure that the bolt-outs you got are the kind that attach to a ratchet or breaker bar, not the kind you have to grab with a wrench. That way, you can push on the thing with the ratchet/breaker bar to give you more leverage. Do it with someone there to stand on the other side of the bike just in case.
before you start sooooaaakkk it with pb blast. :thumbup
good luck

·
Registered
488 Posts
try drilling into the head with a high power drill and then use the bolt extractor thats how i did my right bolt. hope it comes out brah!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Agreed. Drilling a pilot hole might give the "easy-out" tool something uniform to grip on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did the head of the bolt break off? The Allen spun inside of mine but the bolt head remained so I used Vise Grips to get it out. If the head of your bolt snapped off, I doubt the easyout will work. You'll probably break that too, making it even more difficult. I would remove your plastics, grind the remaining bolt flat with a small die grinder, center-punch it, then carefully drill it out to just under the thread size, then retap.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i drilled n did not snap the head off!u just gota drill nuff for the extractor to catch in there naw meen! good luck man if that head snapped ur in for a good one! lol hope u get it out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The head is still there, it's just stripped to the point where it will not grip anymore. I may try using the bolt-out again and hammering it all the way in. If that doesn't work then I may need to use the extractor trick. thanks fellas

·
Registered
488 Posts
might as well go with the extractor kit and the drill man cuz u dont want that bolt head to brake but good luck kidd aight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts