Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ways to dress up the frame on my 97 ZX-11. It looks like painted aluminum. Painted gray, I am thinking if this frame was some form of dark grey or black it would look much better. Or strip and polish it?

Not sure the best way on this. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
polish is good if you have heaps of time to keep it clean, otherwise go paint

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you do paint it powder coat it for sure. I kinda like polished though, always good to take wieght off instead of putting wieght on!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Being a big ol ZX11, weight loss via no paint isnt going to help at all. The best thing for weight loss is to take off the 37 lb stock exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked this before without response...

Is the frame painted silver from the factory? Or clear coated.... Trying to figure out what I have to start with, not sure if I want to use paint stripper to start with.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm pretty sure the frame is painted on these. As far as mods go it's really just basic upgrades. Hollowed out yosh pipe, stage 3 jet kit, full polish on the frame, forks, swingarm, footsets, triples, bars, and chrome levers. Smoked screen, and the turn signals I did with the a couple of the kids smilie face stickers and a can of black brake caliper paint:evil Still to come are the rims. I'm going to polish the lips and paint the centers black. As for more pics, I'll just post em up here for ya.......and thanks for the compliments guys:crazyloco

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm pretty sure the frame is painted on these. As far as mods go it's really just basic upgrades. Hollowed out yosh pipe, stage 3 jet kit, full polish on the frame, forks, swingarm, footsets, triples, bars, and chrome levers. Smoked screen, and the turn signals I did with the a couple of the kids smilie face stickers and a can of black brake caliper paint:evil Still to come are the rims. I'm going to polish the lips and paint the centers black. As for more pics, I'll just post em up here for ya.......and thanks for the compliments guys:crazyloco
Hey 1990zx11, stage 3 jet kit? I thought they only made a stage 1 for that model? Where can you get a stage 3 for 90-93 11's? PLMK~

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey 1990zx11, stage 3 jet kit? I thought they only made a stage 1 for that model? Where can you get a stage 3 for 90-93 11's? PLMK~
I have a real good friend that did all the real technical work. He owns a small shop near Chicago and that's what he said was in it. He may have made a mistake or I misunderstood but I will ask him and see what he says. As far as I know he gets his parts from the same places other shops do so if that is in fact whats in here I'll post where he got it from. And if I misunderstood what he said (it was 7 years ago) I'll correct it in my post.

·
Registered
449 Posts
1990zx11, I pretty sure they don't make one"complete stage 3" but he may have went up a size or two on the mains. which would be even more insane on a already insane bike! Did you know the 1990 zx11's are kinda rare cuz they passed laws at that time to where every dealership was limited to only 2 11's on the floor? I have been lookin for one for years. You own one of 2 bikes I'm lookin to get. 94-D2 and 90-C1

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a great looking bike dude very nicely done but not over done if you know what I mean!
Yeah not bad for a bike that is almost old enough to drink:rotflmao

1990zx11, I pretty sure they don't make one"complete stage 3" but he may have went up a size or two on the mains. which would be even more insane on a already insane bike!
Yes he may very well have just put a "kit" together out of stuff he already had in the shop.

Did you know the 1990 zx11's are kinda rare cuz they passed laws at that time to where every dealership was limited to only 2 11's on the floor?
No I had no idea that is what happened back then. That's pretty cool:crazyloco

·
Registered
449 Posts
1990zx11, I was not tryin to flame ya or anything bro, the thing is I have been lookin high and low for the perfect jets for my 11. Thats all~

·
Registered
161 Posts
1990zx11, I was not tryin to flame ya or anything bro, the thing is I have been lookin high and low for the perfect jets for my 11. Thats all~
And I never took it that way. I just want to make sure I don't put out bad/incorrect info and send someone on a wild goose chase for something that may not exist. No worries bud:cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, you would think a stage 7 or even a stage 11 perhaps! You know "my bike goes 310mph" type stuff....I'll tell you what...I have not even tapped 4,5,6 yet roads are bad and it's been raining for a week.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts