Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there other forums for old Ninja's. I am having an electrical problem and can not find any info on it.

I have a 87 GPX 750 ninja. When I turn on the key, the dash lights come on and the idiot light light up but when I push the starter button I get nothing. The head light or tail light do not come on and the horn don work.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
i belive its normal for the headlights not to go on until the motor has turned over. you should still have your tail lights and brake lights signals horn etc. but mines a 84 zx7 so maybe its a whole diffent story with yours. try the solonoid and check fuses

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks. I will try that. The manual I have says that the head light will not come on untill the engine turns over. But the engine will not turn over.

I will try jumping it with and car battery.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check EBay. I just got a tank for $100 bucks for my '88 zx750. Someone is selling one on there now, but the seller told me it was pretty rough...looks rusted and stuff.

I had electrical problems with mine...keep in mind that if you lose a switch or position sensor on the clutch, kickstand, etc. it can mess with you bad. Took me a week to find a bad clutch switch. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
you can try rigging a coke bottle with a fitting in the cap-just to go test ride it.

id say ebay, or get on crazedlist, it lets you search all craigslist accross the nation-if you can get ahold of somone parting out and see if theyre willing to ship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts