Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on doing an overhaul on the forum look and appearance. I personlly like the dark look, but some have said it is hard to read on older computer screens, etc.

It seems like every forum I am on has the ole standard white background, but I can do that if that is what everyone wants.

So I invite you to post up your comments and info specifically regarding the way the forum looks and appearance goes. I want to make the forum something easy to look at no matter who views it. :cool

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have no problem with the way it is. there is one monitor at work that is kinda dark, but ultimately its not that big a deal, i can still do everthing i do on other computers with the site.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Will the forum software not allow you to upload alternative skins to the server?

I know PHPBB allow alternatives which can be altered by the end user to suit.

Personally I like this.
Would increasing text size help the guys with old screens?
I have a newish LCD screen & find white backgrounds too glarey even though I have the brightness really low.
I have Windows set with a pale grey background with black text which works fine.

Or how about a pale green background with lime green borders as a Kawasaki theme :wink

·
Registered
123 Posts
you could do some lime-green borders, but i think for the background it might not be a good idea for reading text.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think the Fourm color is very nice.....a border would be nice, but nothing too bright! Lime Green is a good suggestion but so bright a green!! Other than that i don't have any complaints about this site, very nicely gone Beans!!! Oh, the user skins for this site is a grand idea, but can you do it, Beans?

·
Registered
79 Posts
After looking at white back grounds at work all day, this is very easy on my old eyes. I like it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Jafar
I was kidding about a full green theme though a green border or banner might not be a bad thing

·
Registered
199 Posts
Beans, my old monitor is fine, you seen it. Its my old eyes that are the problem!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to be doing some tinkering to the colors, not to overhaul the forum appearance, but rather to make it easier to read for everyone viewing it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh i noticed that the "Reply to Thread" page has you type on a white background, kinda way to bright when you look on a darker site.....i mean can we get a different color for this????? Anything but white please!!! Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just like to say that the Forum Color's are lookn' great, good job Beans!!!:clap

·
Registered
183 Posts
i like the whole kawi green idea...wouldn't be a bad notion in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tesfayeali1 said:
i like the whole kawi green idea...wouldn't be a bad notion in my opinion!
I actually would like to incorporate the Kawi green scheme into this, but havent found a web color-friendly way to do it ya know.

The dark green you see doesnt contrast bad to the other dark colors, but when I start throwing around Skittle green in the mix then I'm like :tard

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I like the format that is current, however I too echo the "Go Green, or Go Home" (haha) attitude.

A site dedicated to ZX's or Kawi's in general needs to have some green somewhere on it.

What about a moderate background with potential green text? Just an idea, don't know how that would look to the "old eyes" on here, let alone the "younger" ones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts