Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now for some suspension issues... i have started tinkering with tuning the suspension a bit to more suit my weight, im a bit heavier than the factory setting for a 150 lb rider (300 lbs) so i was going to lower the front a bit, and stiffen up the compression. But being that everything else on this bike has been messed with, i turned the slotted compression screws in all the way, and back out all the way, well... the right fork screw clicks 17 times total from all the way in to out... however, the left only gives me 9 clicks total. What would cause this? How can i fix it?

·
Premium Member
13,001 Posts
Some forks have compression damping in one leg and rebound on the other. I would think the one with the least clicks would be rebound damping.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Both forks should have equal clicks for both compression and rebound damping. If they do not, then something is wrong. If PO had them apart and reassembled wrong, this could be the issue. There is a very specific way of setting the caps to get the rebound correct. The compression is made so they have the same adjustment range.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yep, a lot of folks THINK they know what they are doing when they disassemble and reassemble forks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is a set distance for the locknut on the damper rod inside the fork leg....get this setting wrong and you lose or gain adjustment clicks....just a half mm makes a lot of difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts