Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just about to have a go at this myself and from watching a video on youtube it looks pretty straight forward. Is it just a case of removing forks unscrew caps and dump oil till empty the replace it with same amount of fresh or do i need to do more!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are you just changing the fork oil? If so its just getting them out, taking the top cap off, pouring the old out and the new in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
A more accurate way to do this is measure fork oil height, not the volume.

Using one of these.

As for the specific height for a ZX7 or ZX-7R (no idea what year you have) I don't know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just changing the oil so i suppose pour the same amount back in. If i check the air gap then this has to be with cartridge in!

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Just changing the oil so i suppose pour the same amount back in. If i check the air gap then this has to be with cartridge in!

Cheers guys
Measuring volume is not nearly as accurate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I read some where 495ml but i wanna say its wrong because it was too much. I ended up just filling it up to the top of the tube where i could still put the cap on. I know its not the correct method but works at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just replacing volume is not correct, it is a matter of measuring from the top of the fork tube to a predetermined length as indicated by the service manual applicable to your 7. Also removal of the spring and manually compressing the tube to remove all oil would also be a benefit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts