Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
specifically the ones that get that lil after market panel that goes underneath the tail to close up the open space under it, how do u access the rod u pull to take the drive seat off? you know since you block off the opening to reach it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
....? Dont you remove the passenger seat to get access to the lever for the front seat? Im confused..I never went under my tail to remove my front seat...

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
specifically the ones that get that lil after market panel that goes underneath the tail to close up the open space under it, how do u access the rod u pull to take the drive seat off? you know since you block off the opening to reach it.
If you have a solo tail, relocate the cable. I have mine looped around and tucked in hidden behind the front left portion of my solo tail.

Without the solo tail, nothing changes.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....? Dont you remove the passenger seat to get access to the lever for the front seat? Im confused..I never went under my tail to remove my front seat...
maybe normally that would work but in my case i havea lil box that sits in the frame for storage

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
maybe normally that would work but in my case i havea lil box that sits in the frame for storage
Pictures or it didn't happen.....:smile

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Don't you have an L model? The P model bikes latch the seat completely different.

Josh

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
What the hell is that blue box?

Josh

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its to put shit in....you know like tools and shit....i need to make the opening bigger then i could put games in there when i go to gamestop hahahahah and my seet doesnt remove by a cable its a lil bar u pull on....

i think u guys misunderstood, i dont want to add that under piece i was just curious as to how u remove ur seat with the under piece on there thats all.... but now that i see my own set up, i actually could do it id just have to remove the passenger seat to access that bar to remove the regular seat....so in the end it was all a win win

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That's why I am hesitant to build a custom subframe:

In my "trunk" I have a water bottle, rain jacket and a rag and sometimes I have an extra pair of gloves.

Looks like that blue box is taking up a lot of space.

When I ran a solo tail I used two cables that attached to the pull bar and ran one on each side along the subframe. When I needed to pop the seat I reached under and pulled each cable and when not in use they just tucked into the side plastic out of sight.

Josh

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's why I am hesitant to build a custom subframe:

In my "trunk" I have a water bottle, rain jacket and a rag and sometimes I have an extra pair of gloves.

Looks like that blue box is taking up a lot of space.

When I ran a solo tail I used two cables that attached to the pull bar and ran one on each side along the subframe. When I needed to pop the seat I reached under and pulled each cable and when not in use they just tucked into the side plastic out of sight.

Josh
well i stop if im thirsty and myu jacket is leather and i keep the gloves ion the box hahahha

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well carry some water... These bikes have a habit of not working in the middle nowhere :)

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
its to put shit in....you know like tools and shit....i need to make the opening bigger then i could put games in there when i go to gamestop hahahahah and my seet doesnt remove by a cable its a lil bar u pull on....

i think u guys misunderstood, i dont want to add that under piece i was just curious as to how u remove ur seat with the under piece on there thats all.... but now that i see my own set up, i actually could do it id just have to remove the passenger seat to access that bar to remove the regular seat....so in the end it was all a win win
If thats how the older ones are, that shit sucks.

I can put a full sheet of paper on mine without folding it (not flat though). I can put a gas station sandwich, a 1 liter bottle, and a bag of chips in there without any problems. And its 96-03, not 00-03.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:rolleyesI got the solo seat on mine. I had to remove the pull bar and flip it so I just reach under the tail and pull the bar to get under the driver seat.:rolleyes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
its my first day on this forum.
the cable under the pillion seat to remove the front seat is stuck on my 1996 ZX7R
anyone know how I can remove the front seat now or to access the cable?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts