Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experimenting with it quite a bit. Keep in mind there are 18 clicks.

With the bike parked, testing resistance, I dont start to feel the damper doing its job barely until at least 6 clicks, but noticeable at 9 clicks.

I am running mine at 11 clicks, leave it be for inner city and outer country riding...

How many clicks are you running on your 06 10R Ohlins damper??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Haven't got mine yet, but this is good to know Dan.

How are you determining 11 clicks? turning it all the way forward till it stops and then back towards you 11, or vice versa? Please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snake and I messed with it, went through all 18 clicks at 1 click intervals. It wasnt until 9 clicks that we started to feel some sort of resistance. Since my previous 12R never had any sort of damper, I felt I would low-ball the resistance and 11 was the happy medium. I have yet to change it, but I may start cranking it up a few more clicks to feel it on the road.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Okay, but what is the starting position?

roll it all the way clockwise and start counting, or counter-clockwise.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

·
Registered
116 Posts
beansbaxter said:
I've been experimenting with it quite a bit. Keep in mind there are 18 clicks.

With the bike parked, testing resistance, I dont start to feel the damper doing its job barely until at least 6 clicks, but noticeable at 9 clicks.

I am running mine at 11 clicks, leave it be for inner city and outer country riding...

How many clicks are you running on your 06 10R Ohlins damper??
I always run at the closest position before I modify the damper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Okay, but what is the starting position?

roll it all the way clockwise and start counting, or counter-clockwise.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
It's not a stupid question, almost all the Hong Kong's riders don't know how to count the 'clicks' with the Ohlins' dampers and shocks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
were can i get the tool to put on my steering damper looks like a allen head screw with a piece in the middle ne info woulld be helpful i got plenty of time to get the tool wont be riding for another 2months unless we get some global warming in jan and no snow in jananuary

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've seen them in hardware stores. Pretty common item to come by.

If you are unable to find one, you can simply get the right size of allen key and drill a small hole in the center of it. When all else fails, build it.

Oh, and to answer the other question from moons ago. Sitting on the bike, turn the dampner adjustment all the way forward to 0 and 18 clicks toward you is full stiff.

I have mine at 14.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts