Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for anyone having the notorious studder around 5k rpm to 3k rpm. After hours and hours of diagnosis and troubleshooting i found the solution to my problem hopfully it helps my fellow kawi riders and saves a trip to the stealership. Where they will say you cannot adjust your tps (total bs). They just wanna replace your $1300 throttle bodies and call it a day. Any way i purchased a wrecked bike and rebuiltit to have a 07 zx6r for under 2gs. I rode it for about a week and got fed up with the crappy throttle and parked it.. finally i said screw it.. i adjusted the valves took it to the dyno and had it tuned. Still the problem persisted. My buddy at the dyno said try adujustinghe tps so i called dealer after dealer looking on how to adjust the tps. All said its not possible. Even the book had no insight. So i took it upon myself to get down under the tank to see if i could figure it out.. i had my multimeter (stopped working the second i lifted the air box) . Anyway im rambling. I located the tps switch. There are two a greay one (for subthrottle) and a black one. Wich it the main. I took a t25 torx bit loosend up the switch and turned it just a smidge clockwise( towards the valves) tightened everything up and booom she runs like a champ... lastnight i went ahead and removed the sub throttle junk put in my throttle buddy. And also did the kleen air mod. I couldnt be happier. If anyone has questions let m know. I did kinda ramble.. pm me for a better walkthrough.. sorry no pics cuz i did all this without the intentions of it working to make a walkthrough..

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
They say it cannot be done because the act of adjusting the position of a switch which is supposed to have a fixed mounting point from the factory is not considered "correct" practice - the TPS should function correctly as stock, and not require it.

So that's why they don't list procedures for that shit. Lots of things like that in the auto world, and the way people learn is to try it themselves like you did, then share the information.

If you are cool with any of the mechanics, show them what you did. If the business is any good they will give that a shot in the future to make a happy customer come back.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol i know too many mechanics. Showing all of them would take weeks just to contact them. I hope tjis is helpful to other riders with this problem.. also have an extra set of throttle bodies for the 07-08sub if anyone needs them. I orderd them then fixed mine. Ill give them for what i paid

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Nah you just tell the good ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts