Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello, I recently picked up an 06 ninja zx10r after trading off my 09 ninja 650r.

black, zx10r, 9300 miles.

A little on me, I live in North Dakota. Been riding for about a year now, started with an 09 green ninja 650r and put about 5k miles on it before deciding to upgrade to an 06 black ninja zx10r. Sadly due to weather i've only been able to ride about 4 or 5 hours on the new bike, only put on about 90 miles or so.

Been looking around for some info on parts and other misc. stuff, and found this forum very helpful in almost every topic I needed input on. So I figured it would be a good place to join up and make a presence.

picked this bike up used, so still don't know EVERYTHING that's been done to it, so far i noticed it has FMF exhaust (still don't know if it's a slip on) and not sure if it has a power commander yet either, haven't stripped it down to look yet. I assume the windscreen is aftermarket as it's more reflective than clear. but this bike definitely performs and looks great!

I am in the process of swapping some 8K HID's and some white CCFL halo's onto it, probably going to get smoked corner lenses with hyper white bulbs/LED's, same with brake lens. Still looking into other mods, but more to come.

anyway on with the pics, also i'll have to get a sound clip of the exhaust one of these days. As I guess FMF isn't a common exhaust on a rocket? sounds amazing though.

quick video to capture sound, wasn't sure how my phone would take the loudness so i backed up a bit... turns out i coulda just revved it right next to my phone haha.. bike warmed up for 5 mins previous to video.
http://youtu.be/rAdgt-VxwWg

me and a buddy being fucking bonkers and riding before a blizzard comes in

bike in the garage

other side

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the site.:cheers

That's a beautiful bike, hope it takes care of you. A 10 is a world different from 650r, eh? If you haven't already, take a peek at zx10r.net. Whole sight devoted to just our bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
video added to capture some of the sound, i'll capture some riding videos when this pesky snow melts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts