Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with my 1993 zx7 . She was running daily tell about a week ago. Now I am having some problems. Does not want to start . then it does i ride it from point A to point B then it just turns over tell the battery goes dead. It seems like its flooding out real bad . I get a real thick fume coming out of the tail pipe while its turning over . I rode this bike for almost a month straight had no real problems. It never did really get the full power it should have, it was real sluggish above 8000 rpm just isnt getting it like it should. I ran it down the 1/4 and the best I could get was high 13s about 105 mph . John Corbin explained to me that it sounded like it is not firing on all 4 cylinders and that I was just wasting my time trying to get more out of it. I am in florida so altitude is no issue here we are at sea level. I am using a 706s 46 rear sprocket I do not know what the front is. I know this bike will go tell it damn near blows I had one bobbing the speedo past 170mph in 6 gear tell it pinged the rev limiter
and yes it was scary to feel that going that fast. What do I have to do to get this bike be a competitor.
:banghead

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Bring it to me after I get my shop up in a couple of weeks and we'll make her a contender. Just remember that if money is not an issue then sky's the limit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed your in B-town . I am not to far from there and I come that way weekly were is your shop going to be at.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Right off 301, just past MLK. Right now I do a little work at the house, but I can't go to in-depth. I can do carbs and small stuff but nothing like valve adjustments here. To involved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts