Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you guys, I'm confused again. I've got my bike down to the carbs, so figured I should do this mod...since it hasn't been done before. Only questions are:

1. My bike is jetted, has a Flo-Commander, Full Muzzy Stainless Steel Exhaust, and seems to run fine...and not run overly lean/rich. In this case, should I still consider doing the Float Bowl mod, or is there really no benefit other than to keep your bike from running lean...which mine apparently doesn't do?

2. The KLEEN mod...does it only apply to California model bikes? Mine doesn't have that whole clean-air valve thing, instead I simply have a hose going from one Reed plate to the other. We're they like this from the factory, or has someone already done the mod?

3. Float Bowl Mod - Anyone on here actually have a good write up, or some decent pictures. The normal writeups I've found (that everyone points you too) absolutely suck, they have pictures, and text, but with no overlaying directions...they're simply pictures with directions written above and/or below...which is fine....unless you have no clue what each part in each picture is called. Then you're royally screwed.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok you guys, I'm confused again. I've got my bike down to the carbs, so figured I should do this mod...since it hasn't been done before. Only questions are:

1. My bike is jetted, has a Flo-Commander, Full Muzzy Stainless Steel Exhaust, and seems to run fine...and not run overly lean/rich. In this case, should I still consider doing the Float Bowl mod, or is there really no benefit other than to keep your bike from running lean...which mine apparently doesn't do?

Probably no benefit.

2. The KLEEN mod...does it only apply to California model bikes? Mine doesn't have that whole clean-air valve thing, instead I simply have a hose going from one Reed plate to the other. We're they like this from the factory, or has someone already done the mod?

Sounds like it was already done.

3. Float Bowl Mod - Anyone on here actually have a good write up, or some decent pictures. The normal writeups I've found (that everyone points you too) absolutely suck, they have pictures, and text, but with no overlaying directions...they're simply pictures with directions written above and/or below...which is fine....unless you have no clue what each part in each picture is called. Then you're royally screwed.

Not sure...
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts