Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guy's/gals sorry to beat a dead horse (this topic) but i flipped my eccentrics last night on my 93 11D and came away unsure of what i had just done, 1st off my beloved centerstand doesnt get the tire completely off the ground now,2nd bike leans severly when on the side stand,but the main thing is the chain sits directly on the plastic guides atop the swing arm whereas the chain sits above it when the eccentrics are in the normal position. I can sit on the bike and the chain still rubs the plastic guides and the chain has the right tension i might add. The fact of the matter is i ride this bike alot,i commute daily on it, i take 900 to 1200 mile weekend trips with it and my main concern is being a 1000 miles from home and having a wornout chain or some other problem. id like to hear from folks who have made this change that rack up the miles to see what issues if any you might of had, i do like the handling way better now on a side note

·
Registered
52 Posts
The chain rubbing blocks are made to do just that................have the chain rubbing on them! It quickens up the steering alot and it's well worth the small inconvinence of having the wheel touch the ground when it's on the center-stand. I've got my bike raised up so high in the ass that the c/stand dosen't even touch the ground! I've got adj. length link rods so's I can play with it!

Don't worry, you're not gonna break anything!
See ya
Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did this because of this thread & love the way it makes the bike handle. I am concerned about the lack of play on the rear brake bar, will this be an issue? Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well there's always an odd ball out there but i flipped mine and did like the diffrence in handling but.........i dont like how it sat on the kickstand,it rendered my cs useless (wouldnt get tire off the ground) and most of all chain was already wearing into the plastic guide atop the swing arm and thats with the chain in adjustment and my 260lb ass on it,needless to say i had to switch it back

·
Registered
878 Posts
I did the same on my old turbo but there were to many "issues" in doing that. None dangerous just too close for comfort. I just got back from GA mountains and mine handled fantastic (even with my wife on the back). I even passed a couple of my freinds on the way up 129 (blood mtn.). One was on a 900RR and another on a repsol 1000RR. Grant it the suspention has been done on my bike but I would say no to swaping the adjusters. Just my .02.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the same on my old turbo but there were to many "issues" in doing that. None dangerous just too close for comfort. I just got back from GA mountains and mine handled fantastic (even with my wife on the back). I even passed a couple of my freinds on the way up 129 (blood mtn.). One was on a 900RR and another on a repsol 1000RR. Grant it the suspention has been done on my bike but I would say no to swaping the adjusters. Just my .02.
i agree 100% im going to send my suspension off and go that route

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
crashtec, by looking at your signature, it remembered me that Cycle World published (in ~1996) a report with the same exact title (Sport tourer from hell) about a ZX-11D. If you want to have it, shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward you a copy of this report.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts