Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever thought about trying to do some kind of flip up headlight mod to their bike? I don't even know if that would be possible given the tight space it must fit in. It would be nice to have a design with one headlight painted over. However, at night only half the road would be illuminated. I am thinking about something like this!

·
Registered
74 Posts
as an previous owner of of 3 firebirds and 1 trans am (all flip lights)
i would say, just another electronic part to stop working one day. I would say don't bother.
my 2 cent.
cool idea - but impractical.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
as an previous owner of of 3 firebirds and 1 trans am (all flip lights)
i would say, just another electronic part to stop working one day. I would say don't bother.
my 2 cent.
cool idea - but impractical.
Yes, the motor in our headlight in the TA is going and man is it hard to find replacements since they aren't in production anymore...:angry

·
Registered
160 Posts
I personally love my pop up headlights :) they were part of the reason i went with a 1st gen 3000GT and not a 2nd or 3rd. But the others are right, sucks when that shit breaks :/ its all about what you want tho. I think the mock up you have their looks sick. But space is deff going to be an issue. If you do it post pics for sure :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
um yeah im with them but to fix the half illumination thing just readjust the light that is open to point to the right more

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its just an idea I had one day when I was daydreaming in class. I honestly wouldn't even know where to start with this project. It would definitely be one of a kind. Maybe one day, but now is not the time. I have way to much going on already. haha

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Impractical for me since I NEVER turn off my high beams

1 - 7 of 7 Posts