Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 馃憢 everyone! Would like to know what is a fair price for these flat side carbs, came off my 89 zx7.

Those are aftermarket carbs. 89-90 are crazy rare. You will need to measure the bore inside the carbs with a bore gauge to confirm, as everyone will ask. In general, just tell them to get their wallet out.

Registered
Doesn鈥檛 the 89 have a odd spacing in the center For like the cam chain. I really don鈥檛 know the 89 or 90 bikes

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I do know the cam chain is in the center as opposed to the side, like my other kawai's, but not sure about the spacing in the center, they look evenly spaced.

Registered
They look like 36s... $800+ all cleaned up, just a wild guess, but whatever the market will bear, so price em high.

This is the only picture of my 39s mounted to my 83 CB1100F, and those extenders move the carbs back enough to access the rear cam chain adjustment bolts. I dont recall them being staggered to clear that cover. My 84 Ninja 900R was the 1st year they had a side mounted cam chain though

Reactions: KevA

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
i think they are 37s,i spotted a number on them near the float bowl. thanks for the input. 馃槂 (y) Will soon put up for sale on Craiglist Sf Bayarea very soon.

Ignore stamped numbers on the bodies, as they mean nothing. Measure them. 37 is not a number I've seen for any Keihin FCR's. Spend $20, it'll more than pay for a return from a buyer. Measure inside by the gate, not at the entrance or the exit. Get the bore gauge square, angle it out and measure it with a caliper, then round down. They are always an odd decimal above the advertised size.

I'd start over $1000, probably $1200. Advertise them to Europe and Australia. USA buyers are cheap lowballers.

Registered
Yea, those are $1000 easy. Wouldn't take anything less for them. Unless you're running a zxforums discount馃檭

Registered
Ignore stamped numbers on the bodies, as they mean nothing. Measure them. 37 is not a number I've seen for any Keihin FCR's. Spend $20, it'll more than pay for a return from a buyer. Measure inside by the gate, not at the entrance or the exit. Get the bore gauge square, angle it out and measure it with a caliper, then round down. They are always an odd decimal above the advertised size.

I'd start over $1000, probably $1200. Advertise them to Europe and Australia. USA buyers are cheap lowballers.
i agree, mine were actually 40s with a 1mm collar inserted to make them 39s. So always measure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16

Hello 馃憢 everyone, I鈥檓 using these digital caliper to figure the mm of these carbs, am I measuring this correctly? Had to remove a stack frame the air side. I keep getting 37mm plus. So are they are 37s flat side carbs??

Registered
They are 37s, I found out the only other bore choices within range are 35 or 39

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Yup! They are 37mm, went to an independent motorcycle shop they measured it for me with the right tool, and they said they are 37mm flat sides. Thanks everyone 馃憤馃徑 Gonna post for sale on Facebook zx7r owners page very shortly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts