Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so saturday i decided to run my 08 zx6 just for fun. This was my first time down the track with anything. i ran 12.0s all night and one 11.96. Not the best times but at least it was consistent. Mods are two bros slip on, bmc filter, and pc3 runnin off a downloaded map (still waitin on funds for custom map)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep practicing and you will eventually work your way down to mid 10's, there is ALOT more left in that bike especially with the mods you have.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Keep practicing and you will eventually work your way down to mid 10's, there is ALOT more left in that bike especially with the mods you have.
+1 what he said^

vivid- I can't speak from personal experience on the mid 10's.. I will say you should be able to at least get below 11.300, as that is what the last bike I took down the track was running, an '02 F4i. Topped out on that thing at 11.32 at 120mph... and the '08 6R has alot more balls than that bike!

Curious, what kind of mph were you running? I'll be hitting up the track in less than 2 weeks when racing season begins here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mph was 120.64...my 60 foot time sucked a 2.06...forgot to mention i weigh 235 too..

·
Registered
451 Posts
more track time should do the trick, plus if your just an occasional drager, its all fun right! balls to the wall fast as you can down the fricken strip, helllllllllllllll yea... :crazyloco

·
Registered
843 Posts
every 20 pounds is a 10th you lose allot of those 20 pounds i think the fastest ive seen a 08 6r was low 11s they dont have the top end power to keep pulling like the 10s

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have a guy on a GSXR600 running 10.40s at our track 2500 feet. Same dude takes his 2011 R1 9.36. He's a dam good rider and weighs 170. And I agree weight is so important because is R1 weighs 397 pounds. Its stripped and only has 1 front rotor and no rear brake. He's freaking crazy. Both bikes are just lightly modded and natural.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You would think after making a dumbass outa yourself once would be enough. But to argue with someone that you dont even have a clue about make you a reall dumbass. Shit dude I thought would have been apoligizing. Go look at the spokane raceway post, that is my kid and yes he runs 9.54 in the 1/4 and 6.20 in the 1/8. I was hoping you could tell me if this is possible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry if I came off a little edgy! I was just trying to agree on how important the weight issue really is. And yes the crazy kid on the R1 and GSXR does haul ASS. Have a good one bud.

·
Registered
301 Posts
first run at crandall texas 1/4 mile on my 06' 14 ran 10.3 @ 141 mph. saw the sky for a second on the launch , let off came down hard then hit it like my x wife on date night

1 - 17 of 17 Posts