Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Natasha.

So it was a rainy day, and some car had puked up something in this intersection. I was only goin about 15 Km's an hour but got into the throttle and it put me into the curb both tires. I kind high-sided it over the curb and into the grass. Then ended up catching my shoulder on the sidewalk after I slid for a bit.

- Lost a few bolts, but a little sanding, some filler, and some paint will make this go away...

- Had to fix all the headlight mounts, you can see it's not flush in this pic.

- My wonderful smoked visor I miss it!

- Took the Sock left the skin.

- Bounced my head on the side-walk

- Tore my Joe Rocket. Totally messed with the venting my jacket fills up like a baloon now! So it's my new snowboarding jacket!

All in all I got really lucky. I got a new windscreen and brake assembly in 2 weeks off of E-bay for 100 bucks CAN$ Which is much better than the 600 dollars they wanted for the OEM parts at the dealership.

But I've considered myself lucky. If I had to go down in my first year I do'nt think I could have gotten any luckier.
Drew~

P.s. and totally unrelated. They want $900 bucks for me to get an OEM chain and sprockets on Natasha! That's ridiculous! Aftermarkets the way to go I guess they quoted me 250

·
Registered
990 Posts
raized1199 said:
Glad you are ok dude.
What he said. It's so easy to drop any bike on a bit of slippery stuff on the road.

Consider getting motorcycle boots, they'll do a better job of protecting your ankles than socks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm confused. Did this just happen? Just saw the pics of it being finished. That sucks. Hope you're okay though.

It's Canada man, and it's October.... PUT IT AWAY!! LOL

Just kidding mine's still in the garage, hoping for another day (maybe Wed. next week).

I have a sister in Cow town, might have to look you and Natasha up when I'm in the area next.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah sorry, timeline is a little messed up. Got the bike in May 06' which is when the other pictures are. This is from when I layed it down a little over a month ago. (But I am still hoping for one or two more rides this season if winter'll just hold off a little longer!)

As far as gear goes, I definatley budgeted more for the bike than gear, but this next season I'm hoping to strike up a deal at the big bike show that comes through Calgary. Boots, Pants, Jacket would be nice. I always ride in jeans, but I've seen some crash pictures lately that made my stomach lurch a bit.

Yeah no injuries comin' away from this one though, my right hip was a little sore... oh and of course my pride as it seems like everyone and there dog told me "it's to dangerous to have a bike"

Swoosh, definately look me up... not sure if i'll be near the Cow Town next spring/summer, thinkin' of movin to s'toon or manitoba (except sad about the Motorcycle insurance rates there!)

Thanks for all the comments guys!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Glad to hear that you're okay, and I will look you up. I may take some time next year and tour the country. Maybe take a page from Beans' book and just ride man.... until you can't ride anymore. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
sux mate ...... I came unstuck at 110km/hr and did less damage than that, good thing your ok tho

·
Registered
381 Posts
glad to see you are ok, time to pick the sand out of your skin and get back on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts