Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my first tank behind me. Could not sleep, so I took a 6:30 am spin in the mountains before the family woke up. My bike went on "reserve" at 200 miles. According to the manual I have 1.1 gallons left. I stopped a 207.6 miles and put in 4.745 Gallons.

Thats 43.75 MPG!! The computer (which was reset at the dealer) said the bike was averaging 43.2 MPG. Pretty dang close!!!

I'm finding I like the windshield in the lower position. Much smoother air flow and on the hot days -- I like the air!

Reserve is a bit annoying. The LCD display flashed back and forth between "LOW FUEL" and Gas Pump ICON. You loose function of the "range" which is helpful in figuring out *where* you are going to get fuel.

I will read a bit more to figure out if I can clear the annoying low fuel sign.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Awesome! I'd say being slightly annoyed is better than running out of gas. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really need to stop visiting, I dont get mine til September...

·
Registered
46 Posts
38.6 but I wasn't babying the bike at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How is that possible?I have an 06 ZX10R with a slip on and K&N filter but my reserve light comes on around 100 miles.Is there something wrong with my bike or is it my wrist?

·
Registered
85 Posts
How is that possible?I have an 06 ZX10R with a slip on and K&N filter but my reserve light comes on around 100 miles.Is there something wrong with my bike or is it my wrist?
It might be that you failed to see the mileage coorelation when you decided to save tire wear by only using one at a time:lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
the zx-14 gets roughly the same unless you have the occasional wrist spasms.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think heavy hands plagues us all with this new fun toy. My first few tanks averaged about 42 mpg (by the gauge). Now that I'm running her up to 6k rpm, my mileage has dropped of a bit to 40 mpg.

As far as clearing the 'LOW FUEL' indication, press both buttons at the same time and it clears to the normal screen but will light a red warning lamp on the left side of the console and your "E"mpty bar will flash continuously. Use one of your 2 trip odo's to watch the last 45 miles or so until you can fill up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts