Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is a noob question but what is money best spent on after market mods? what in your opinion is the thing to do first? i ask because i have a 06 and still haven't broke in the engine yet due to deployments. as soon as the weather clears up i plan on doing alot of riding though. thanks in advance for all the input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Leathers! a good quality 1 or 2 peice suit, boots, gloves,and spine protector. And the best helmet you can afford. Then get yourself frame sliders and some sticky tires. A track lesson would be a great investment if you have one close bye. But a Slip on, PCIII, steel braided brakelines, levers, ect. are all goodies when you got money to spend:smile

·
Registered
28 Posts
once u get fully comfortable with your riding ability, then its times for some performance mods.

1. aftermarket filter (bmc or k&n)
2. slip on or full exhaust
3. power commander
4. -1 front sproket (if you think your ready for it)

get it tuned and your ready to go. now thats just the basics..

·
Registered
34 Posts
depends on what you are trying to do? more HP more TQ both? Acceleration, how much money you wanna spend? power commander =300.00 air filter 75.00 total power added maybe 4hp..pipe about 700 for a full system..added hp maybe 5. -1 tooth sprocket in front, bad for chain but will give you more acceleration, less top speed by about 4%...

give me some detail what you wanna accomplish first, then maybe we can get a direction..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow! lot of good input. i'm just trying to get the best out of my investment. i enjoy general ridin and am looking for power when i need it. most guys got liter bikes up here and kind of snobbish. i know i can't keep up with them so i'm gonna work on ridin skill. i think i'm gonna go with a slip-on and a new filter. not too many people near post ridin probably due to the weather and deployments. hopefully my next station is some place sunny. thanks again for all the input and help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts