Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pick up my first Kawasaki in the morning (2007 ZX-10R). I have been on Triumphs for the last 6 years. I am really looking forward to the change.

Just wanted to introduce my self...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well then I guess a Welcome and Congrats are in order then,have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. i picked her up this morning and all I can say is WOW.. it's way to cold right now to get a good feel of her, but what she showed me today impressed the hell out of me.

This is at the dealership

and here it is in my driveway at home... note on how cold it is... you can still see the exhaust

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks guys. i picked her up this morning and all I can say is WOW.. it's way to cold right now to get a good feel of her, but what she showed me today impressed the hell out of me.
How hard did you ride her? Are you going to break her in easy or ride her like you stole her?

Wait until you can turn her up! She will pull....and pull....and keep pulling until you hit redline to start the next pulling session!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hard did you ride her? Are you going to break her in easy or ride her like you stole her?

Wait until you can turn her up! She will pull....and pull....and keep pulling until you hit redline to start the next pulling session!

Not that hard. I ran it up to 6 or 7,000 rpms in the first 3 gears. I break them in the way I plan on riding them. The first 50 miles are fairly easy and then an oil change. After that it gets more aggressive to the 500 mile mark, and then a second oil change and then its game on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts