Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to go riding the other day. I was rolling up a highway with some nice curves on it. I was coming up to a curve(a little hot) and I say a pack of harleys coming through going the opposite direction. The leader was on the yellow line on my side of the road, which made me start to slow down, and as I looked further into the corner, I saw to my dismay, a harley had come clear into my lane and almost hit the ditch. He was working hard to save it, and I was working hard to stop, when we buzzed each other at about 30mph. I really thought we were going to collide. Needless to say, I had to get off the bike for a while to calm down. I would have caught that fucker, but he was in a pack of about 10 bikes, and I didn't feel like getting beat. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you handled it good...I've had to get off the bike here and there just to cool down and get back on the road with a calmer head. Some of my friends who have ridden for years, always seem to wreck when their mind isnt right. It takes a bigger person to recognize that and know you need to lay off the bike until your mind is right again.

Where you from? What part of the country were these roads/curves??

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I just drove through Kansas on my motorcycle trip from Seattle to Chicago...why is it every LEO in Kansas doesnt have the red/blue on top...from afar all you see is another unmarked white car grrrr

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear you about not riding when your head isn't in it. My friend is still in rehab from an accident he had while riding after a fight with the wife. Totalled a new 2005 GSXR-1. And a young kid dumped a 2006 R-1 about a week ago after problems at work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a Deals Gap local. It seems every weekend some nugget squid on a bike lane crosses because they can't ride or are showing off. It is a miracle we dont have as many crashes as we do. Generally, the sport bike crowd is more attuned, even if having a bad day than the pig crowd and can usualyl correct mess-ups before a crash. I dont know what it is about Harley riders that causes them to want to ride in herds, and bunch up in corners.:banghead Check www.killboy.com for Deal's Gap photos. Darryl does a real good and classy job of photographing and calling out the lane croosers, wether it is cars, motorhomes, bikes, whatever.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed that a lot of harley riders will ride right on the yellow line just going down the road. Whats with this? I was passing a group the other day pulling my boat. A couple of the riders were right on the line, and their big foot rests were actually in my lane. I thought I was going to clip one with my boat since it hangs out a little ways. I guess if I would have, I would have. I am not moving my rig over so some fat guy can act like he owns the road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Give the poor Harley guys a break. They are doing the best they can. (Unfortunately,this is probably true!) They ride slow & sloppily...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hogs arn't for cornering

The guy prob screwed up went into the curve to fast for what his machine could do, I hope he was at least dragging his floor boards
course we all know you cant drive a linclon or a big Caddie boat like a farrari
but theres alwavs some guy that thinks he can.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You did the right thig Damit, always best to take a few minutes to cool down and then enjoy the rest of your ride. The good thing is you saw it coming and managed to avoid crashing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I had to learn the hard way... pissed off at my ex Girlfriend and well 4000 dollars later with insurance on me and totalled a bike I had for two weeks!!! Sucks balls

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do not forget a lot of the big pig riders are into tavern to tavern racing. A little juice go's a long way into having an accident on the big dresser which handles poorly when pushed hard. Check out the masses of hogs at your local watering holes, these bikes have to make it home with a juiced rider on them. Fun, huh?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts