Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock for the most part

i replaced the rear brake light with integrated signals and a custom bracket to reaplace the fender. OES frame and spool sliders. Black tank pad. Light smoke puig DB windshield on the way. Im getting carbon fiber heel plates carbon fiber, rear tire hugger, Rear seat cowl, K&n air filter, and chrome bar ends. Should have them all on by the end of the month.

come spring I will work on my performance upgrades. I cant afford them now so ill just spend the little bit I have making it look nicer

·
Registered
234 Posts
Are those extended length frame sliders? I always hear that those are nfg because they can catch more easily on the pavement (or break).

I want to see some pics of that integrated taillight on and working!

Lose the tank sticker! :) Looks good. Get with the modding it's entirely too stock lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those extended length frame sliders? I always hear that those are nfg because they can catch more easily on the pavement (or break).

I want to see some pics of that integrated taillight on and working!

Lose the tank sticker! :) Looks good. Get with the modding it's entirely too stock lol.
they are not the extended size. They are the OES sliders from ebay. They are like $86 shipped for the frame and swindarm sliders. I do not beleive they will catch whatsoever. They are made of delrin and will *(should anyways)* rub down as the bike slides and hopefully not catch at all

about 10 minutes after I took the pictures I remember I wanted to take the tank sticker off. I didnt feel like retaking the pictures because it wasnt a big deal. But it is no longer on there.

ill try to take a video of the light working, but i think silverx already made of a video of his showing how it works.

i got a DB puig light smoke screen currently in the mail and A hyper white 6 led 194 bulb from the front running light. Im also getting chrome windshield spikes from sixty61.com. Im in the process of looking at bar ends. Probably cheap chrome ebay ones. I really like the weighted ones but $120 is a bit steep. I also am gonna get the rear seat cowl and tire hugger. I have a $250 credit coming from my credit card and once that comes in I will pick those two items up.

Also im gonna get some trex stands for working on the bike. Probably in a month or so ill take some more pictures

·
Banned
528 Posts
nice bike bro ! :crazyloco

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 question

i was wondering... i just recently bought that same rear light and was wondering if you had to buy a special component or anyhting to hook it up... i was talking 2 a friend about it wen he said he had bought 1 but has 2 buy a special adaptor 4 it to work... ws it the same problem 4 u ????

·
Registered
488 Posts
me and specv got the ame light and he asked me some what the same question. your answer is no, its straight plug and play like i told spec. its apain to get the tail end off thou lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
very nice bro!!!! that thing will look nice with a seat cowl and no passenger pegs.
where did you get the integrated tail light and was it easy to hook up?

very NICE!!!! ride safe

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice bro!!!! that thing will look nice with a seat cowl and no passenger pegs.
where did you get the integrated tail light and was it easy to hook up?

very NICE!!!! ride safe
yea i probably wont remove the pegs until i do do the exhaust. Im not stripping it all down just for that

the light is on ebay its easy to install, but the tail is pain to take apart. The light comes with all the wires you need. I just took off the connectors from the factory wires and snapped them into the wires for the new light and its just like factory. Just plug it in. I didnt use the license plate light, the tail light is bright enough to elluminate the plate.

removing the connector is kinda a bitch, they make special tools do it but i cant seem to find one. I just used a pick and a pair of tweezers and got them apart

·
Registered
102 Posts
yea i probably wont remove the pegs until i do do the exhaust. Im not stripping it all down just for that

the light is on ebay its easy to install, but the tail is pain to take apart. The light comes with all the wires you need. I just took off the connectors from the factory wires and snapped them into the wires for the new light and its just like factory. Just plug it in. I didnt use the license plate light, the tail light is bright enough to elluminate the plate.

removing the connector is kinda a bitch, they make special tools do it but i cant seem to find one. I just used a pick and a pair of tweezers and got them apart
cool Ill have to check ebay.
by the way you dont need to stip anything down to get the rear pegs off. I bought a nice set of craftsman hex wrenches with the rounded heads so you can get in on an angle without stripping the head. Took me all of 30 seconds to get them off.
and cost 25 bucks for the metric wrenches

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool Ill have to check ebay.
by the way you dont need to stip anything down to get the rear pegs off. I bought a nice set of craftsman hex wrenches with the rounded heads so you can get in on an angle without stripping the head. Took me all of 30 seconds to get them off.
and cost 25 bucks for the metric wrenches
i already have a set of the wrenchs, ill have to try it

here is a entire thread about the light with pictures and video
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4888

1 - 17 of 17 Posts