Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Had an awesome day at Island Dragway in NJ this past Saturday. Got in a total of 9 passes and still had an hour left.

Weather was great. Nice and cool, a bit cloudy and bike was running strong after some fresh oil.

My previous personal best of 9.54 has been haunting but motivating me since May. I finally got that monkey off my back. I also managed to get my first 1.5 short time with a 1.59. :thumbs:

Met this great guy named Harris who was running 8's and gave me some pointers. Plus it helped running him a few times which gave me that extra motivation. His bike was moving pretty good and walking me on every pass. He's at 70", full Yoshi exhaust and race tune. Plus a bit lighter from what I can tell.

Here's how the day went...

1st pass [email protected] 1.71 60'
2nd pass [email protected] 1.607 60'
3rd pass [email protected] 1.67 60'
4th pass [email protected] 1.65 60'
5th pass [email protected] 1.61 60'
6th pass [email protected] 1.597 60' - new best
7th pass [email protected] 1.63 60'
8th pass [email protected] 1.60 60'
9th pass [email protected] 1.62 60' - banged off the rev limited in 3rd

Besides the final pass, each one beat my previous 9.54 which is awesome.

I'm a 9.3 man now and looking forward to getting in to the 2's and lower the next time out.

Mods:
Schnitz flash with fuel tables
Stock header with 2Bros slip ons
Roaring Toyz swingarm extensions at about 6" over
Roaring Toyz lowering links and front straps
Shinko hookup pro
17/43 sprockets
MPS air shifter
Brocks clutch mod
Alison <0w oil with petron additive
220lbs suited

Attachments

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
All under 10 secs so still superb performance, so at 9.3 damn bro that's impressive ! 14R RULES ! >:)

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Congrats. That's quite an accomplishment. Keep working on your 60'. That's where your big gains will come from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dunner.

Work in progress but coming along. But watching another 14r walk you like you're standing still, you know the bike needs more HP :)

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Congratulations! First time I hear about this track, and just realized is only 2 hours away from me.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks and great local track. Family owned.

Doesn't have all the perks and flash of Etown, but I can drive 5 miles up the road, get in 8-10 passes for $25-40 depending on the day. Plus, much less break downs on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks and have been thinking about adding that to my list of goodies for the bike.

I was getting more comfortable with releasing the clutch and getting into WOT sooner. Still need more practice and will try a more aggressive approach this Sunday.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good job, pretty amazing when you think about being able to buy something for about 12 k that can get into the high 9s low 10s out of the box.
Do you have any pics of the swingarm set up on the bike???

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks and have been thinking about adding that to my list of goodies for the bike.

I was getting more comfortable with releasing the clutch and getting into WOT sooner. Still need more practice and will try a more aggressive approach this Sunday.
What RPM do you launch that thing at?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts