Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Looked amazing. I love blue. Like to get the 99 blue plastics for my 99 Zx9r. What color are the rims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
What did you use to upload your pictures by the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
303 Posts
That looks sick man. The powder coating looks like it came out nicely.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks really good with your blue paint scheme. It actually reminds me of the 2011 Daytona 675 in Caspian Blue. Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That looks sweet, been thinking about doing the same thing, how much that set you back?

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Looks nice! Looks like it matches the gold on your forks pretty nicely as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks sweet, been thinking about doing the same thing, how much that set you back?
I took the rims to the local shop to get tore down to start which cost me $56. The powder itself was $15.99 for 1.2lbs and I was told to get around 4lbs so that cost me $70 with sah. I was charged $220 to get my parts done. I ended up getting a big bag full of powder back so you deff wouldn't need that much. I went ahead and purchased new All Balls bearings which I believe was close to $50. Of course i didn't get those online I just said screw it and got from dealer so u could get cheaper. I had the dealership put the bearings in and re-mount the tires. I paid $15 extra per tire to get this new weight system put in because they didn't have gold wheel weights. Plus they apparently had to take a drill of sorts to the paint on the inside of the rims to make the bearings fit. That trip cost me $140. And while putting the bike back together i was missing a few seals/spacers and had to spend $12 on those.

Sorry that was so long winded lol. All in all it cost me about $550 to get done. Could it have been cheaper? Yes provided I had all the right tools and If I would have made a few more purchases online. Still worth it?? Hell yea!

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
It looks real good man!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good! We have the same taste (check out my thread in the pictures section:). My powder coating came to the exact same price but I had my tank coated as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks great. now help my tired ol eyes & post some bigger pics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks like i better start saving!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good! We have the same taste (check out my thread in the pictures section:). My powder coating came to the exact same price but I had my tank coated as well.
Scratch that. $550 was just what I paid the powder shop. Bike shop cost me 200 which included new bearings. So we actually paid the same thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice.! Ive been wondering how my bike would look like if I go that route. It looks very clean man.! so you said its hard to clean tho right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts