Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few calls in the Pittsburgh area I finally found a dyno operator.I called 3 dynajet recommended tuning centers.None even had a dyno.The last one set me up with a shop in Uniontown,Pa.They have a dragrace team and build engines.Its about 30 miles south of me.Can't get in till May.Can't wait.Like to see how much HP my setup makes.Hope it's at least 175.But I know it's just a number and my bike is fast enough,I think.
Craig

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hope so too I pulled 173 with my 2 bros slip ons so the alien head should be a good bit higher I'm hoping closer to 180 but we shall see I'm going to dyno may 5th

·
Registered
481 Posts
Craig, you will be in the 180s, we have similar setups and mine hit 186 with only 300 miles on her with a stingy dyno. Enjoy!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
How much is a dyno running up that way?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$250.
Craig

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dam whats wrong with mine??? I got full two brothers exhaust and bmc filter with custom map and only pulled 171?? Lol it was 90 out but still.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry I missed that LSL post.I have the Puig DB screen so I've gone 160 and it seems fine.I was doing 145 a couple weeks ago and was sitting up and it was fine.I finally got a dyno appointment on Thursday.I adjusted the chain,lubed it and made sure the allaignment is perfect.Installed a brand new K&N filter.Going to fill it with 89 BP in the morning.Excited about this.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
Don't forget to set the rear to 42 psi

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I did.Both tires to 42 like it says on the sidewalls.And as Hammerhead suggested I backed off my preload and rebound settings.I backed off the compression settings too.I was going to go for a little ride but when I was waxing her it started raining.Thought the wax would be worth 2 HP.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
A fresh oil change with 0W-40 would be a nice touch as well

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Less then 700 miles ago I put in 10-30 oil that Brock sells.I was afraid to use 0 weight.I heard horrible stories on the dyno with 0 weight.I have every thing I can think of.Thanks for the input.Even wiped out the airbox when I put the new filter in.It seems to run great with what I done.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've been running Amsoil 0-40 for almost 30K miles now

·
Registered
481 Posts
Forgot to mention, 0-40 was recommend by Carpenter Racing and HPC, good enough for me!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got back from dyno.Turned 175HP.Up from 170.Torque was up 2 lbs.AF ratio straight across the board.Most what I felt was in the low to midrange.Brocks
maps never gave me that.I wish it wasn't so windy out.At high RPM's the custom holds straight across,where the old map drops off at 10000.It has a real good feel to it alot of throttle response.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
How did ya break your 14 in?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty much by the book.6 grand till 500 miles and up and down never at a steady speed for very long.Did some extra downshifting.Took it up to 7 grand for a bit.But all dynos and weather conditions are different.I'm very happy with the performance considering the way it ran before.I just put that other map in and for a different headed brand it ran alot better than my Brock map.And this is better yet.Im happy with it.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had ya considered the ride it like ya stole it method?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't feel like blowing it up.
Craig

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which dyno program did your operator use.STD or SAE.STD shows more HP where SAE is less but a true measurement.I was wondering how Brock gets 186 with his Alienhead when this magazine shootout got 172.Mine used SAE.Which if they used STD it might show 185.Remember it's just a number.The bike is still a monster.
Craig

1 - 20 of 24 Posts