Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track tonight and had a nasty mishap right at the start of the night, but last two passes everything worked perfect! 2012 14R, 69 inches, -1+2, stock clutch, stock shock, stock shifter, stock motor. This thing just keeps amazing me!

·
Premium Member
6,490 Posts
Congrats! That's a heck of an achievement.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I"m very happy with it. When I set out this season, I said I would be happy with 8.60's and did that my first outing. I'm trying to see how quick I can make this thing go with the stock shifter. It's definitely getting harder to get my feet up in time now. lol

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Thanks man! What's your setup? How much do you weigh?
Pretty much stock with a Schnitz flash, lowered front and rear and 2Bros CF slip ons. Weighing 215 and probably 230 suited. Rear tire pressure is about 28-30psi and front is about 41psi.

Just ran a [email protected] this past Friday and I just got the Catalyst drag seat which has now stopped me from sliding back on launch.

I usually launch between 3-4k but I notice I'm not getting on the throttle at launch as hard as I need to. I can see this in my 60's where the best I have is a high 1.8

Also stock shifter, tire and sprockets. With the 10.43 was running Shell 87 octane with TC off.

Front end isn't coming up and I can feel myself trying to get on the pegs maybe too soon and getting off the throttle while I balance myself in the seat.

That's about it.

Need a lot of practice

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty much stock with a Schnitz flash, lowered front and rear and 2Bros CF slip ons. Weighing 215 and probably 230 suited. Rear tire pressure is about 28-30psi and front is about 41psi.

Just ran a [email protected] this past Friday and I just got the Catalyst drag seat which has now stopped me from sliding back on launch.

I usually launch between 3-4k but I notice I'm not getting on the throttle at launch as hard as I need to. I can see this in my 60's where the best I have is a high 1.8

Also stock shifter, tire and sprockets. With the 10.43 was running Shell 87 octane with TC off.

Front end isn't coming up and I can feel myself trying to get on the pegs maybe too soon and getting off the throttle while I balance myself in the seat.

That's about it.

Need a lot of practice

Yeah, now with the seat pan, it will help quite a bit. Hopefully you braced it as well. If you haven't yet, look into getting a quick turn throttle. Do you still have stock clutch springs?

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Yeah, now with the seat pan, it will help quite a bit. Hopefully you braced it as well. If you haven't yet, look into getting a quick turn throttle. Do you still have stock clutch springs?
Seat pan definitely helped keeping me put and need to brace it. It's only connected via the front tabs by the tank and 2 screws on the back. I've been looking at the throttle and mostly likely another mod for next season since we're just about at the end in NJ. I installed the Brocks clutch mod with the heavy springs as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seat pan definitely helped keeping me put and need to brace it. It's only connected via the front tabs by the tank and 2 screws on the back. I've been looking at the throttle and mostly likely another mod for next season since we're just about at the end in NJ. I installed the Brocks clutch mod with the heavy springs as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, you definitely need a brace. My first pass I ripped the back bolts right out. I just made a ghetto brace out of a piece of aluminum that I had and bolted it to where the tank bolts too. The quick turn throttle will definitely help you.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Yeah, you definitely need a brace. My first pass I ripped the back bolts right out. I just made a ghetto brace out of a piece of aluminum that I had and bolted it to where the tank bolts too. The quick turn throttle will definitely help you.
Thanks bud. Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn 8.5 !...damn impressive #s' there !
Thanks man! And just broke my record again last friday! Finally broke down and put an air shifter on it and made a total of 13 passes. 10 of the 13 were 8.50's with my best of [email protected] I am totally impressed with these bikes on the stock clutch stock motor. Just insane how quick they are!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not as bad as people think. Of course they say 90+ octane, but they also say aftermarket exhaust is for race only. On a factory stock engine, 1 or 2 points of octane aren't gonna make a bit of a difference against detonation. The highest chance of detonation happens when it's really hot and have a heavy load on the motor, like going up a big hill with a passenger in 5th gear going 40mph. Now with my ZX10 since i have a built motor I run 91 octane, but on stock motors no nitrous, 89 is completely fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts