Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I think I wish I had more details on the VFR swap, but in relation to the P model. I have been searching for months for dimensions of any spacers needed, or whatever.

Also, I would have left it blank, thrown on a big rear sprocket and told everyone it is a modified 250. That being said, it looks kickass.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I been looking for a full set of stock decals. Hard stuff to find. Almost might be cheaper and easier to have it all air brushed. Looks like your bike is all custom so I can see where people would be curious.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You don't need stock decals, you can just take an image of the graphics to any good sign shop and they can print the stuff on UV resistant vinyl made for trucks and stuff that sit outside 24/7.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the swinger from ebay. Had to have a spacer made for it and used all my stock hardware. And used my stock shock and a set of lowering links. Decals came from ebay.. Im pretty happy how it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Looks great!!

the only thing i would have done is asked the guy to make giant NINJA decals to put on the side fairings!!

that would look MINT

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great!!

the only thing i would have done is asked the guy to make giant NINJA decals to put on the side fairings!!

that would look MINT
I think its just right.. I am not huge on decals.. I think it gave it the right touch. Not too much not too little.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
I think its just right.. I am not huge on decals.. I think it gave it the right touch. Not too much not too little.

I think you nailed the look. The decals play off the existing colors well. Everything works together.:clap

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks great man, I like the way it is and I'm in the same boat as I'm not much into decals either but its well played on your bike! I remember your thread about what to do next to your bike and at that point I didn't really like that tail but I must say, after looking at these pics, I just fell in love with it! What tail swap is that and how hard was it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great man, I like the way it is and I'm in the same boat as I'm not much into decals either but its well played on your bike! I remember your thread about what to do next to your bike and at that point I didn't really like that tail but I must say, after looking at these pics, I just fell in love with it! What tail swap is that and how hard was it?
Wasn't hard.. I kinda hacked up the rear part of the subframe and fabled some brackets, there is so many ways you can do it. The key to making it look right are the side covers that cover the opening in the subframe. I just used lexan and painted the inside of it so it is a nice factory looking black. It wasent the way I pictured it till the side covers went on. In person it looks even better.. I'm very happy with the outcome. I will enjoy it till I get my zx14.. Just waiting to pay off my wife's car..

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
That was an R6 tail right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts