Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the PCIII and BMC air filter put on the bike... The blue R6 owner doesnt know I have them, and the next time I ride with him I'm gonna see just how much difference those two items made. I downloaded a map from PC's website for the way my bike is set up... Prolly not the best map for it, but its close until I can get it mapped on a dyno. What kind of a difference would an ignition module make? I'm thinkin bout takin my bike in and gettin those valve buckets replaced, just in case I might have one of those defective engines... And while the bike's apart I'm gonna have the tech put in the racing camshafts that Kawasaki sells, they say they're what they put in their race bikes... If I was to get an ignition module with the PC, wouldnt that be that much more tuning I could do to dial in those cams? I bet with all that in there, the ole 6R might just be a runnin SOB :evil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
race filter

·
Banned
528 Posts
good choice bro, u def should gained some hp there along with the pc tuned

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a two bros pipe and i thought about cuting the cat of my bike and puting in a piece of pipe did that make alot of diff on yours (Custom fabbed cat-delete pipe under the bike, BMC race air filter, Power Commander. )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it did make a noticeable difference. It will also make the bike considerably louder, but I think it sounds great. To get the most out of airflow mods, you'll need to get a good air filter, such as the BMC, as well as freeing up the exhaust. I havent gotten a chance to line up against that R6 again yet since I put in the filter and the PCIII, but just doing the cat delete made a noticeable difference.

·
Banned
528 Posts
also removing the secondary butterflies will free up some hp to guy's, i would say 5 hp with a tuned pc and filter, 30 min job and the throttle responce is alot better to, i did this mod to my 04 and i told a difference with the roll power and throttle responce i have the following mods, like pc, exhaust, filter

·
Registered
92 Posts
with the ignition mod u can advance your timing to suit the fuel you run. ex. the higher the octane, the more advanced you want your timing to be. So if you want that thing to really haul, throw some race gas (112-115 octane) in her and advance the timing accordanly. just be careful cuz if u advane it to much you can kiss your pistons goodbye. As for swapin in the race cams, you'll get alot better top end but loose some at the bottom. the ignition mod will help get the bottom end back a little but as far as cam timing goes, if you gain somewhere, your losing in another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts