Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey after any of you guys put a slip on pipe on your 05-07 zx6r's, did you get the FI light blinking? mine is lit for some reason after I put my scorpion on. any one know how to clear it? or do something with it? or is it bad thats its on?

my scorpion pipe also deletes the butterfly valve too if that has anything to do with it?

lemme know. message me post something. do something intelligable ok. help

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey post some pix of the can!!! i just orderd it monday! and if you find out about the FI light let me knw too, by the way did the can come with hardware for the stock tail or you gotta remove it? how does it sound? man im a lil excited cuz its something other that the akras and yosh etc etc etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sounds nice, but i wouldnt have ordered it. the pipes dont fit too well so its leakin a bit. and i have a leak on one of the weld seams on the can. over looks nice. If you dont use the stock tail light set up anymore ill send a picture of how to modify the brackets for other use

·
Registered
103 Posts
when you take out the valve from the stock exhaust, the little computer for it has to remain untouched. can only take out the cables. friend had the same prob, put it back in and no fi light.

·
Registered
488 Posts
it sounds nice, but i wouldnt have ordered it. the pipes dont fit too well so its leakin a bit. and i have a leak on one of the weld seams on the can. over looks nice. If you dont use the stock tail light set up anymore ill send a picture of how to modify the brackets for other use
about get'n it, its too late but about the stock set up i wanna keep it cuz i got the intergrate tail light. send the pix we'll c

·
Registered
164 Posts
got the leo vince carbon slip on for my '05 636 and it came with a little plate to put on the sevo motor....but if you don't do it right and the servo doesn't stay indexed....all kinds of problems.....I'm not sure about how other systems do it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yesa the scorpion came with a delete place for the servo. when i installed that plate i clicked the servo 2 or 3 spaces. but the only thing in the directions i forgot to was un plug some plug and then plug this plug back in after the install was done.
i think i might have to get a PC to get that fi light cleared. but does anyone know real technical info? or is everyone a bunch of squids?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a yosh rs-5 slip-on a while back for my 05' and had the fi light come on wit it. I went to the dealer and had him track down the piece I needed. It's called a fuel injection light fix, its a lil aluminum piece you replace the pulley on top of the exhaust module (under your seat) with. Unfortunately I paid I think 90 bucks for the piece, but it turned off the light and haven't had a problem with it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts