Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question. I have an 06 636 ZX6-R and I installed the hotbodies.com undertail/exhaust and now my FI light is on. The dealer said it had to do with removing the exhaust valve and just leaving the cables looped up like the instructions said to. He said in the "two brothers" kits they sell they have some kind of wheel that goes on the exhaust valve motor? Anyone know about this or have a way for me to get rid of the FI light?

Caleb

·
Registered
330 Posts
Some aftermarket exhausts come with the "FI Light Fix" included. Not familiar with what hotbodies includes with their kit though. Check with them first to see if this metal clip should have been included before you do anything else. You, or your dealer, should be able to either get just the light fix plate from somewhere (think Yosh sells them separately - maybe) or do a home made fix using a "U" shaped piece of metal. The whole idea with the fix is to stop the servo from just spinning around. It supposed to spin clockwise & stop then counter clockwise & stop when hooked to the original cables. You're just making it think the cables are still there by installing the metal clip on top of the servo motor. You might also try a general search on the web for FI Light Fix & see what comes up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my muzzy slip-on system came with servo "eliminator" it was a peice of plastic that u put on the servo to make it from spinning all the way around...

·
Registered
151 Posts
yoshi's come with it too. another thing that will. if you had to unplug anything when putting it on in the rear double check. im not sure what it's for but there is a grey plug to the left of your bike on the back seat that if unpluged, will also cause the FI light to come on. and for some reason if that's so, don't ignore it and keep riding cause your fan won't come on and you'll overheat. i found out the hard way...

·
Registered
10 Posts
micron tried to charge $100 when i got their twin outlet undertail slip on. so i bought it and made my own similar one then returned theirs. got pics and dimensions if you need

·
Registered
5 Posts
Two Brothers Racing does sell a fix for this for $100.00 dollars.My pipe has been changed out and my light is on but it doesn`t hurt anything.To me it`s not worth $100.00 to turn the light out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts