Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm new to the site, awesome site i must say. Heres a few pics of my bike. She got a few odds & ends done with her, two brothers racing can, clear flush mount sigs & tail. Ahh, not sure what else she got, I got her last time i was home, & got 3 rides on her before i had to come back to the rig again.
Some of the pics are of poor quality so bare with me lol. Also, I got a few buck to play with with this machine so if anyone knows of a few goodies that the bike could use, let me know.
Thanks
James

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice! those newer 9's look great on one wheel! I would definitely recommend some hi-po tires. What all has been done to the bike so far? And if you could you should get some pics in better lighting so I have more to work with when I'm touching... base. Anyways, like the sprocket setup, not digging the pillion seat cover though (my opinion and should be taken as such!), is that a 2bros exhaust?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, ITs muchly Appreciated. hi-po tires?? What are they? I'm sorry, but this is pretty my first sport bike, the last one i had that was even close to this one was a 1000 interceptor(1984) lol.
But, yeah, I'm not digging the seat cover either, I'm gonna take a look at it tommorw & hopefully its just wrapped over the one that was already there.
Hey doc, what would you recommend on the the sprockets. the ones that are seen there are to factory specs with the exception of +1 tooth on the back.
There is a two bros echaust on her, and i think that the bike sounds really good. Other than that, I think that everything else is pretty much stock, the dumbass I got the bike off of painted the inside of the windshield.
Other mods that I have done were I put clear flushmount sigs on teh front, and put a LED tail light in the bike(clear lens)
Ahh, I think..... that the bike has a rear fender eliminator kit in her I think, could you tell me if it is or not please? I think thats it,theres carbon fibre thigs by the foor pegs(not sure what they are called. NOt sure if thats after market or if its stock.
Well Thanks Again
James

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi-Pro tires something like Pirelli Supercorsa or Michelin Pilot Powers. The Supercorsa tires by Pirelli are DOT race tires but work great on the street. It looks as if there is an undertail on the bike so yes you have a rear fender eliminator kit.
As far as sprockets go I would change the ratio to -1 in the front and +2 in the rear should be able to keep stock length chain for that setup. :crazyloco

·
Registered
462 Posts
Gearing really doesn't matter too much in my personal opinion, there is a difference of course and theres a significant change in the feel of the power of the bike but does a sportbike need to be geared down james? Do you like to go 160+mph or more low speed torque? That's the question when it comes to gearing. Anyways, tires ARE the most important part of the bike, if you think about it james, the 140+hp of your bike has to be put down to the ground through a contact patch about as big as your hand (if your running low psi!). I'm going to sound like sponsor when I say this but i recommend Michelin's Pilot Power tires for your (and all performance) bike(s). My friend has a 02' ZX-6R that was kind of a putter until he got some new rubber. It really does change the bike. If your run them hard they'll last a good while and relly take the grip up a level.

And yes, it does look like you have carbon fiber heel guards on your bike, they're not stock. The stock guards are a thin slice of aluminum, they look exactly the same though in shape.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hey nice bike bro, welcome to the site. you say u had to back to the rig, you workin in the capitol of newfoundland..... fort mcmcurray ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey bies,
I will agree with you 100% on the tires oldgreenmachine, I'm currently running battleaxes on her now(they seems ok), but i will take your advice and get a nice set of meats for her.
Hey xxzx6rxx , thats a really nice bike you have there.
As in the rig, nope, I'm further away from than fort mac. I'm up in the beaufort sea about 30 miles off of Tuktoyaktuk on a rig from the 80's lol
Were doing a refit on her, so i'm getting to get my hands into everything, so thats interesting. I'm home now until monday morning. The name of the Rig is the CDU (Conical Drilling Unit) KULLUK, if anyones wondering.
I wont get much riding in this season anyways, mught get one more run on her before i puts her away, today we had a nice warm day, but it was blowing the gale so it wasnt fit to go on her, yesterday it was pissing down rain, we never has much good days here.
Well thanks again bies, Advice is always greatly appreciated.
James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts