Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up, I own a 2008 Ninja 250 and I know they're baby bikes but I've seen others driving them around and videos of these things accelerating faster than V6s and reaching a 100mph. Mine floored can't keep up with a V4 and barely makes it to 80mph. I'm not a heavy dude 165 and I ride in the bubble so I believe there is something else going on. what all could I check? The carbs are on my list. I'm trying to find a guide to removing various parts of the bike so if anyone knows of a good tutorial they could throw my way that would be awesome.

· Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,875 Posts
Is it stock or modified ? Has it sat for a while ? Did you buy it new ? Has it always been like this ? More info please .

· Registered
887 Posts
you might be ok, i came across a similar issue in a forum once.

because its a high stress/RPM motor... the acceleration depends largely on what RPM you are on once you accelerate. For example if you are on third gear going 30mph and you try to race without downshifting then for sure that you will be slower than most cars. i could beat you with a honda civic if you do that.

but even then a ninja 250's acceleration is quite on the slow side. 1/4 mile in 15.8 seconds.
and a 1999 civic SI's acceleration is 1/4 mile in 15.5 seconds
so i dont think you would be beating many cars with a 250, with a couple addons then you may be evening out the playing field.

however, if you redline your bike from 1st to 6th gear and still cant pass 80, then there definately is a problem but if you try to accelerate 50 and up staying on 6th gear, it will take you time to get up to speed.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Bike is completely stock, has 6500 miles on it, it sat for a month before I bought it, and I've only had it for a week so I don't know if it's always had this issue. I believe it may have sat longer because I looked really close at the tires today and noticed some cracks along the tread, very small but I'm still concerned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.