Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't think so I think the only thing that changes is what the fan is made out of but I'm really not sure. Would like to know this as well

·
Registered
674 Posts
Plastic fan blades had a tendency to melt on really hot days, bind up and kill electric motors. Aluminum fans don't melt.... unless its on fire.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just changed my fan to a Muzzy. From what I heard its one of the best things you can do for a zx7. Cooling time is much quicker and as you may know these beasts get Hot!!. stock fan is plastic and if hot enough can melt. stock fan also has 4 blades & the Muzzy has 6 aluminum blades.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Plastic fan blades had a tendency to melt on really hot days, bind up and kill electric motors. Aluminum fans don't melt.... unless its on fire.
My plastic fan has been going strong since 2001. We get plenty of triple digit summer days and I have never had any issues with stock fan, nor cooling. 60,000 miles and it hasn't failed yet.

Well the fan anyways lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My plastic fan has been going strong since 2001. We get plenty of triple digit summer days and I have never had any issues with stock fan, nor cooling. 60,000 miles and it hasn't failed yet.

Well the fan anyways lol.
Yep. My experience has been the same

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts